Windows 7 How to disable the preview on taskbar?

w3dig

I have trouble to find out the way to disable the preview on win 7 taskbar, any one know how to do? Thanks!

Go to regedit
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Create a DWORD
Name:TaskbarNoThumbnail
Value: 1

Restart or log off

You know Radenight that is like saying why would someone have there dektop text zoomed at 200% instead of at 100%. Different people like different things and obviously he finds the thumbnails annoying and wants to get rid of them. I know for one that some people like the UAC control on their computer while i dont.

...yeah I didn't really say anything about what he likes or dislikes... I simply asked a question... there could have been a reason like it was buggering up his computer.. in which case an alternative to disabling it could have been offered.

...yeah I didn't really say anything about what he likes or dislikes... I simply asked a question... there could have been a reason like it was buggering up his computer.. in which case an alternative to disabling it could have been offered.
I know I was just giving you a bad time and found that this was a great time to claim my line for the disable and other people who disable the cool features in Operating Systems. No Hate intended

Sidebar Gadgets work just fine for me. I use the CPU Meter, Clock, and Currency

Go to regedit

Create a DWORD
Name:TaskbarNoThumbnail
Value: 1

Restart or log off

there is no
just a
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
and a
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

I want those taskbar preview gone because I find them useless and annoying and I never use them.

Back