Windows 8 How to downgrade/uninstall windows 10.

samuli

Hi! I installed windows 10 some time ago and now i would like to uninstall/downgrade it to windows 8.1. How ever, my installation stops at 93% and it just says that the installation has failed. Nothing else. My computer is ASUS X73TK. I have created usb recovery drive and tried to install it but it just wont finish it. When i tried to install after doing the bios thing it would not let me install it anywhere. I am open to suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Hi! I installed windows 10 some time ago and now i would like to uninstall/downgrade it to windows 8.1

windows 10 is only a basic demo... there is no uninstall/ downgrade option.

My computer is ASUS
Asus locks the system to stop people buggering their system by mistake and this lock must first be removed by a bios setting... I assume that is the bios thing you are talking about?

you pull the HDD out and connect it to another PC and format the drive that way. Then reinstall HDD and then install windows 8.1.

Format back to un-allocated is your best option at this point... you can then install windows: 7, 8, 8.1 or Linux as the muse takes you.

Back