Windows 10 How to fix error "0x80300024" Install Windows 10 in SSD

Windows 10 SSD install

• Format

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi, I purchase a SSD: (sv300s37a240g), connected on the motherboard, I recognized the same in BIOS, put like AHCI, insert Windows 10 Install Disc in computer; when choosing the SSD to install, it appears that:: We couldn't install windows in the location your choose. "Please check your media drive. Here's more info about what happened: 0x80300024" I've tried to format, in different formats, followed a few steps with statements on the Internet, using the command prompt, but not resolved.

Just a example image of error:
windowsSetup_Error.jpg

In my cause, i put a HD in primary Drive, and SSD in second.

In my cause, i put a HD in primary Drive, and SSD in second.
Hi,
do you mean by this that you have a normal hard drive as well as the SSD? If so it's simply easier if you disconnect the HDD and just leave the SSD attached. Once you installed you can then attach the HD, may i ask does it have an os on it too?

Hi,
do you mean by this that you have a normal hard drive as well as the SSD? If so it's simply easier if you disconnect the HDD and just leave the SSD attached. Once you installed you can then attach the HD, may i ask does it have an os on it too?
Yes, sure. I will do this. Thanks.

Hi,
I did it, very cool, work better. Thank you so much!

Ya gotta admidt... This is rather hilarious. Thousands of posts all with different problems. The solution...Windows 11?
Ah, wait- UNIX :)
No, Windows 10 same :), Ten dot One. Like Windows 8, a disaster. And 8.1, I was happier. Windows 10.1 are coming soon? o_O

You should try the NEW "Windows 12 beta" if you are having Win 10 installation problems, you know, like the rest of us :)
Yeah, you is right. Glad managed to solve most problems in Windows 10, Yet it seems to be in Technical Preview, is near to Windows 10 be fully complete. Some users helped me, this forum is even better than Microsoft itself, which makes automated message, I think they're tired of people like me...

I hope use Windows 12, one day. But from what I saw, he will not have more name, not 11 or 12, it will simply be Windows, but the build of the next Windows called "Project Stone", As this Windows 10 was called Threshold.

Thank you. Sorry by bad English.

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but thanks kemical for this. My son is building his first computer and we couldn't get Windows 10 to install on the M.2 drive meant to be the boot drive. We had a 1TB mechanical hard drive installed and connected, and as soon as we disconnected the 1TB drive, the 0x8030024 error we were getting trying to install Windows went away : )

AHCI is same disc protocol as for Damon tools and virtual drives. I have had some problems with AHCI before. So badly that I have to do system restore. This may be system's kernel issue. So forget it or buy some pop vendor SSD.
Sorry.

Daemon tools is well known for causing bsod's especially with Windows 7 but it will work with AHCI, IDE ect:

I was just pointing toward possible cause. My guess was that some 3rd party
plug'n'play can be the problem but from Windows side. Cos of topology how it behaves. How?
Cos even after system restore problem persist. Complete system restore needed. That means it is kennel issue.

I believe this is a partitioning error. From the first screen of the install disc
  • Select Next
  • Select 'Repair this computer' at the bottom
  • Troubleshooting
  • Advanced
  • Command Prompt
From the command prompt
  • Type diskpart
  • list disk
  • Identify your disk number, if it's the only one it's disk 0
  • select disk #
  • clean
  • create part primary
Exit and reboot then try and re-install.

I'd do the diskpart but without the create part primary as the installer can sort that out.

If it's having a problem creating the partition structure that last bit should take care of it, but yes it's probably not needed.

I've seen this is booting non uefi on a uefi system as the disk needs to be gpt. So just a clean should sort the disk out.

AHCI is same disc protocol as for Damon tools and virtual drives. I have had some problems with AHCI before. So badly that I have to do system restore. This may be system's kernel issue. So forget it or buy some pop vendor SSD.
Sorry.

AHCI is incompatible in comparison to what? SCSI or IDE? I mean most of the time Windows client is being tested and developed for AHCI. All AHCI really means is that you're connecting to SATA through Intel's standard protocol. The problem, I would imagine, is that many people do not understand the interaction between the boot disk (Windows) and UEFI bios. If you try to swap around all sorts of different hard drives and then plug the boot disk back in, but its not defined or recognized, you're going to have a problem. Also, pre-configure the BIOS to make sure AHCI is enforced before you even do the installation of the OS.

If you get STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE its because you are not on AHCI, do not have the proper registry settings for it, and it can, in many cases, be resolved using instructions here.

Also I really think what people need to be looking at, especially if building a custom rig, is using a m.2 SSD and just ditch the whole giant moving platter HDD or small paperweight SSD altogether. In that case you are working with much more throughput directly through the PCI bus, which is less prone to error from cable disconnects, etc. Still I would recommend against RAID, unless you've got it on RAID-6 or RAID-10 or something like that. Big overhead and waste of time (somewhat off-topic).

Help! I've got a problem, I need to repair my window 10 laptop. Trying to repair windows, now I do not have a drive c: , I need to create partition drive to reinstall windows

I'm at:

Diskpart
List disk
Select disk 0
Clean
Create part primary

I get this error code:
Diskpart has encountered an error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). See system event log for more information

Just re-install from an install disc or USB you don't need to manually partition the disk.

Just re-install from an install disc or USB you don't need to manually partition the disk.
Won't let me, I'm in a blue loop of death, I'm missing a file and get error code 0cc000021a the only thing that works is going to command prompt, it will not repair itself using the blue menu, just keeps looping.
In cmd it only shows that I have one drive and that's my DVD drive, there is NO C:\
When I try to install windows it will not install, I get the error code 0x80300024
Help! =)

Hi Andrea,
are you actually booting from the install disk or usb?

To do that you need to enter the bios and change the boot options so that whatever you have windows installed on, either disk or usb, is first in the boot order.

I set it to boot from usb, still looping. Tries to repair but it gives error message, missing a file and sends me back through looping blue menu.
Still no C:\ drive showing so I can't format and reinstall.

Back