Windows 10 How to fix MSVCP110.dll is missing in Windows 10

If you try to run a number of programs in Windows 10, you may receive this error:

"The program can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

According to Microsoft, Windows Movie Maker, or Windows Live Movie Maker, part of Windows Live Essentials, is not available in Windows 10:

"Movie Maker is not available in Windows 10
Applies to Windows 10

Windows Movie Maker is not available for Windows 10. To find an app for creating and editing video, visit the Windows Store."

Source: Movie Maker is not available in Windows 10 - Microsoft Windows

Indeed, if you go to run Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10, you will receive the very same error. Some programs that have not been updated in awhile may cause the error to appear, causing annoyance, multiple times:

SOLUTION

Ladies and gentlemen,

The entire Windows Live Essentials package, including Windows Movie Maker, can run in Windows 10. And not only that, but the entire reason for this problem is because Microsoft did not include the full Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2012 Runtime libraries in Microsoft Windows 10.

To solve this problem go to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

And, more to the point:

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Upon installing these libraries (install both 64-bit and 32-bit if you are on 64-bit Windows), your problems are relatively solved. No restart is required and Windows Movie Maker, as well as so many other applications, will work fine in Windows 10.

Enjoy!

Also, here is the link to Windows Live Essentials.

but the entire reason for this problem is because Microsoft did not include the full Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2012 Runtime libraries in Microsoft Windows 10.

The sad thing is, I'm not at all shocked!

My windows 10 laptop updated yesterday and today I now get this error message on boot.

It seems to be loading my applications on startup, ie AVG Free, HP Print Monitor.

I've done the fix above, but still get the error on coloruservice.exe

I'm just trying to update some drivers, but any other suggestions?

My windows 10 laptop updated yesterday and today I now get this error message on boot.

It seems to be loading my applications on startup, ie AVG Free, HP Print Monitor.

I've done the fix above, but still get the error on coloruservice.exe

I'm just trying to update some drivers, but any other suggestions?
Hello, there seems to be two issues here:

Some software is compatible if you simply re-install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4. Most of this seems to be Microsoft software with few other dependencies.

Then there is software that absolutely needs to be uninstalled and updated. I think your case falls into the latter and you should look for updates for these apps, particularly the ones you mentioned, and especially your anti-virus. Ideally, you should not have even performed the upgrade with the anti-virus enabled and you should probably uninstall it immediately and download the latest Windows 10 version from their website.

Can i just download this single file and add it to correct folder ? There are a lot of websites, for example fix4dll.com/msvcp100_dll that help us with dll files. Or it's unsafe and there are could be viruses and other similar stuff? Are these files updating? If not, you could create your own pack with the most prevalence dll files, it will be easy to use it.

Can i just download this single file and add it to correct folder ? There are a lot of websites, for example fix4dll.com/msvcp100_dll that help us with dll files. Or it's unsafe and there are could be viruses and other similar stuff? Are these files updating? If not, you could create your own pack with the most prevalence dll files, it will be easy to use it.
I have looked at this site to see if it genuinely gives you a DLL file if it is missing and it does appear to give a digitally signed copy of the DLL. However, because the source is not directly from Microsoft.com, one might consider this to be a dangerous precedent to set. You would not want to be doing this on the regular, and perhaps only find yourself doing it as a last resort sort of measure.

That being said, the site you have linked to is boat-loaded with ads (even going so far as to ask you to click on some link for some other software when you click on "Download Now". I'm not confident that these files are being redistributed according to the licensing terms for Microsoft Visual Studio run-time libraries in a legitimate way and would not normally recommend using that type of website to download a Microsoft DLL file.

I had the same problem after the latest update! Before then everything ran smoothly. I have now resolved the missing dll files, but I do wonder why an 'update billed as having great improvements you are sure I will like' removes this essential file!

"The program can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
..........install full Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2012 Runtime libraries in Microsoft Windows 10

Saved me a potentially lengthy search!
Thanks sooo much Mike - worked first time for me :)

My computer was forced to do a mandatory update last night and now I am unable to use my adobe creative cloud programs. I keep getting the error that my MSVCP110.dll is missing. I have done downloaded and installed the Microsoft visual studio C++ 2012 from the microsoft site and it still doesn't work. I even uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and it did work either.... Any suggestions? I need to work on a class project and I purchased this computer specifically for video editing and now it screwed up. It worked perfectly before the update and I have tried every solution I have found on this site and the internet. I need this fixed as soon as possible! Thank you!

Hi Ryan! I have heard of some success with the in-place upgrade!
Here's how! You should always have a back up of your OS when trying these fixes.
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you could use push-button reset to refresh or reset Windows.

Refresh your PC Fixes software problems by reinstalling the OS while preserving the user data, user accounts, and important settings. All other preinstalled customizations are restored to their factory state. In Windows 10, this feature no longer preserves user-acquired Windows apps.

Reset your PC prepares the PC for recycling or for transfer of ownership by reinstalling the OS, removing all user accounts and contents (e.g. data, Classic Windows applications, and Universal Windows apps), and restoring preinstalled customizations to their factory state.

The options above are great for what they are intended for, but you could also do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything other than all installed Windows Updates.

This tutorial will show you how to do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything.
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do a repair install of Windows 10.

Upon installing these libraries (install both 64-bit and 32-bit if you are on 64-bit Windows), your problems are relatively solved. No restart is required and Windows Movie Maker, as well as so many other applications, will work fine in Windows

I downloaded the suggested fix for this (64 bit, as it was the only available option of the two suggested, and now my desktop is black. I'm able to login to my computer, but once i'm logged in it's black. My cursor is visible, but that's it. Now what?

Back