Windows 8 How to get Oulook 2013 to ...

brkkab

Excellent Member
I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center x64. I just upgraded from Office 2010 Home & Business SP2 to Office 365 Home Premium. I uninstalled Office 2010 on both pc's and restarted both before installing Office 365. I need to know how to get Oulook 2013 SP1 to display my Gmail account's All Mail and other folder's like Office 2010 did ?

Attachments

• Off365Outlook2013SP1.PNG
    Off365Outlook2013SP1.PNG
    24.2 KB · Views: 356
Personally...I've would have opted for any other version of Office 2013 other than Office 365. I hate the idea of having to pay an annual subscription fee...that's just crazy and not "crazy generous".

As far as your issue...I'm not sure I quite understand. According to you image attachment....your gmail account is being displayed....I see it.

If you look closely to the top there of your image...you see "drag your favorite folders". You can drag any folder from any account there. I have 4 email accounts and I've dragged/dropped all 4 accounts inbox's there...so now I have quick and easy access to all my inbox's. Not sure if that's what you're talking about. It's been awhile since I've used Office 2010.

On one hand I agree with you about the subscription but I've warmed a little towards it (not enough to buy Office 365). I feel you get quite a bit of value for your subscription. You can install Office on 5 PCs plus mobile devices and you get 20GB of OneDrive storage. You also get upgrades to the latest version so if MS comes out with a new version of Office you can install it with no additional cost. For some, it may be that they can't afford to outlay enough money to buy 5 copies of Office 2013 but can afford the smaller subscription price (yes, I realize it may cost more in the long term).

It's definitely a different way of doing things since we are used to buying the software outright instead of a yearly subscription but it seems MS (and other companies offering cloud type solutions) are attempting to give value for the subscription.

I only got it because it was cheaper upfront compared to paying $219.00 x2 for Office 2013 Home & Business for my 2 pc's. For the $99.99 price of Office 365, I actually have Office 2013 Professional. I also, got extra OneDrive space. I got, I think 20 more gbs. of space.

No, my Gmail account automatically showed up. It's just Gmail's All Mail folder didn't. I tried creating a new folder named All Mail and then I dropped it under Gmail. I'll have to see later on how that worked out. I usually run 8.1's mail 1stand clean out what I don't want. Then I open up Outlook.

I only got it because it was cheaper upfront compared to paying $219.00 x2 for Office 2013 Home & Business for my 2 pc's. For the $99.99 price of Office 365, I actually have Office 2013 Professional. I also, got extra OneDrive space. I got, I think 20 more gbs. of space.
It's kind of like buying a car or house. Most folks can't afford to pay cash so they take out a loan. Costs more in the long run but hey couldn't swing it otherwise.

So true, especially since they took away the $149.99 price for Office 2013: Home & Student for 3 pc's and made it for 1 pc now. Before you could upgrade to a higher version ( well you still can ), but it's not as affordable anymore, because of that new 1 pc limit at the bottom.

I wish you had a before picture to compare with your current setup with office...I'm still unsure of what your asking?

I uploaded a screenshot of how it looks now. Where I marked with the red pen, there was a All Mail folder when I used Outlook 2010. I know it still exists, because it still show's up in 8.1's Mail app. In Gmail some mail automatically goes in the Inbox folder and some goes in the All Mail folder. That All Mail folder is a Gmail created folder, not a user created one.

Attachments

• Outlook2013.PNG
    Outlook2013.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 406
I meant screen shots of your 2010 office setup vs your 2013 office setup......anything gmail related needs to be addressed in your gmail settings.

Re-checking my Gmail account in Office 2013 Pro Plus, I don't have that "all mail" folder but accessing gmail through Google, I see it. Check your gmail settings and then delete that account and re-add it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom