Windows 7 How to get this game working after this update was added?

How to get this game working after this update was added.The game being Medieval Total War and was able to play on Win 7 before this update.

Microsoft released a security patch in September, KB3086255

I read that on MTW forum and did it and set I up this way and it still doesn't want to load.Where exactly do you type the command in the start I copied and pasted it there and a flash of dos box came up?

Ok.I did this.Where it say to do this.

o enable the driver's service (and to set it to automatic), type the following command: sc config secdrv start=auto

I did this.Where it says to do this.I set it to 2.

• Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
  • Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\secdrv
  • Right-click Start, and then click Modify.
  • In the Value data box, do one of the following:
    • Type 4 to disable the driver's service, and then click OK.
    • Type 3 to set the driver's service to manual, and then click OK.
    • Type 2 to set the driver's service to automatic, and then click OK.

• Exit Registry Editor.

So did it work? I only ask because at first you say you tried it and it doesn't work but then you change the registry but don't mention if that worked or not.

Have you checked the games forums in case other users are experiencing the same thing (I now see from your post above that you have indeed checked the forum)? I checked and noticed a patch had been released recently, do you have that?
MEDIEVAL: TOTAL WAR - NEW PATCH LIVE! 11/01/2016

Last edited:
Yes.I am aware of this but I don't know where the down load link is as they didn't post it.btw when can you start posting links on this board.It also effects Windows games.There is another work around this and that is removing the windows update.It is shown in this video.

Last edited:
No.I haven't tried that yet although I am aware of it.It just seems like a lot fiddling just to get a game to work.It would just be nice if MS would enable secure disk and that goes for Win 10 as well.Does MS read these forum or do you provide feed back to them.

That patch is for the Steamversion of MTW.

Does MS read these forum or do you provide feed back to them.
Not in any official capacity no.

One or two of us are MVP's but we generally do not report back to MS about issues regarding the os.

How does one make a report about this to Microsoft to enable secure disk and the same for windows10.I have yet to install it regarding this issue.

Well for windows 10 you can use the feedback icon. As for Windows 7, I tried to find a feedback page but apparently it doesn't exist anymore.

Back
Top Bottom