Windows 10 how to give admin permission to a program to run indefinetly

Hi,
if you right click the start up icon or exe, choose properties, compatibility and then look for a box usually near the bottom saying 'run this program as administrator'. I did a quick screenshot as an example:

admin.jpg

Hmm... When you installed the app, did you install it as administrator? If not, I would try that..

Which program is it exactly?

I read through the process and am wondering if the shortcut you have to create for task manager cant be automated at start up or if you have to initialize this whole process to bypass the UAC by clicking it every time you turn the computer on. I tried the command prompt and this is what I got

Attachments

• 20170530_215529.jpg
    20170530_215529.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 287
I would like not to have to log in as an admin every time this certain program runs

Usually NO program does need admin-rights to run...
So are you sure that the program is properly installed, to the C:\program-folder.
Or is the program a proper Windows program at all??

Please tell us what program you are dealing with, and the search path it is installed to!

And NO! Do not use the build in Administrators-account, it has been deactivated for a reason..
If you enable it you will shortcircut every security feature that is built into a modern Windows!
That will only cause MORE problems later on!

• when its a shortcut the ui looks a bit different
Screenshot (7).png

• and if its a exe but there are more than one user you may want to allow all
Screenshot (6).png

i checked it but it still requires admin password to allow changes from it to computer to be made
yes by default you always get a fake warning... just click ok
Screenshot (8).png

well it says, "do you want this app to make changes to your device" then you have to sign in with admin password
I've done that, the command.exe advice I tried applying but it didnt recognize my input and I'm wondering if tasker advice is the one I should go with.

Here is the directory pathway
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

The question is why does a game launcher need elevated rights? It shouldn't require them to launch a game.

Back