Windows 10 How to hide or block Windows Updates or driver updates in Windows 10 Insider Preview

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Perhaps a little late to the table but in my travels around the net I came across this:

To prevent the driver or update from being reinstalled, a troubleshooter is available that provides a user interface for hiding and showing Windows Updates and drivers for Windows 10 Insider Preview. You can obtain and run the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter by downloading it from the Microsoft Download Center.
It would seem there was an answer all along to the troublesome Update fiasco we've been seeing with the new Windows Update:
Opening wushowhide.diagcab will launch the troubleshooter. Then click Next to proceed and follow the instructions provided by the troubleshooter to hide the problematic driver or update.
Full instructions and download is available here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

When I installed the preview, the only problem I seen was they didn't have the board drivers installed, so have your motherboard disc ready just in case. You might need it just to get online lol

Back
Top Bottom