Windows 7 How to Import saved outlook emails from disk to Thunderbird

I used to use Outlook with Vista. Within Outlook before I did a clean install of Windows 7 I saved all my existing emails and address books. I saved them to disk.

I did a clean/custom install of Windows 7 from a upgrade disk. I now have installed Thuderbird and have in up and running with my emails accounts. But now needs to Import my old Outlook emails and address books from DISK into Thunderbird.

As I go into Import in Thunderbird and choose import from file it is not findingmy files on disk or letting me inport from my disk. The other options are import from Outlook, which I no longer have since I did a clean install.

I do have Vista in my C drive as an "old" OS file.

Could someone help me step by step to get the emails and address imported into Thunderbird from my disk file.

Thanks much!!

Coffee

[FONT=&quot]Issue: Importing Outlook Emails and Addressbooks[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Solution:[/FONT]
Thunderbird - Importing Outlook Emails and Addressbooks

1. from the main Thunderbird window click on Tools and then Import...
    42.png
  2. Click on the Address Books radio button, then click on Next
    43.png
  3. Click on Outlook and then click on Next
    44.png
  4. If you get this error messages, you will need to launch Outlook and click on Yes when it asks if you want to set it as the default mail client. Go back step 3 and try again.
  5. If all went well , it will tell you that it was able to import the contacts successfully. Click on Finish to go back to the main Thunderbird window.
    46.png
  6. Click on Address Book to view the imported contact information.
    47.png
  7. There is now a new list called Contacts and in this list there are your Outlook contacts and distribution lists. Close this window to go back to the main Thunderbird window.
    48.png
  8. To import email, click on Tools and the Import...
    49.png
  9. Click on the Mail radio button and then click on Next
    50.png
  10. Click on Outlook and then click on Next
    51.png
  11. This will show a summary of all the messages that were imported. Click on Finish to go back to the main Thunderbird window.
  12. In the folder list on the left hand side there is now a Outlook Mail folder. In this folder you will find your imported messages.
    53.png
----------------------------------------------------------

Back