Windows 10 HOW TO RECOVER MS PROJECT?

succinct

How can I open damaged .Microsoft project mpp file? I wanted to continue working on my big project but MS informed me that the file is incorrect.

Well corruption basically means data has been altered. There really isn't a way to know what that data was prior to being corrupted. A backup is the best way to resolve this kind of problem. Office files are just structured data, so it's certainly possible to build a blank project and extract the components from the corrupt file I don't image that would be very easy and very time consuming. For example you can rename a word file from .docx to .zip and extract it's content with 7zip

I'm afraid you can only open a Project file using MS Project. There is an outside chance you can get it to work. Try creating a new project and inserting (Insert > Project) the damaged file. Moreover I suggest installing all of the latest service packs. I don't think that will "rescue" your damaged file, but it might save damage in the future. Also -- always have a good backup. I hope this helps. or maybe you can try to use paid service mpp repair

Back