I tried SuperAdBlocker, but it didn't work with IE 9 nor Firefox 17 Nightly, both 64 bit. Having uninstalled, a single file named SABSVC stayed in the installation folder, I couldn't remove it for 'used in a program'. I found it among the 'Services' in the Task Manager but couldn't stop it for 'access denied'. It obviously starts along with windows but I couldn't find it in the start up menu. I took over ownership of the file and gave full rights to myself as admin but nothing changed. I turned to their customer service; per three attempts I got a triple scoop of arrogance and ignorance. Ever since my net connection is very slow and unreliable. My hunch is that some registry item should be deleted but I'm no expert dare not poke in the registry unless I'm told exactly what to do. Of course, the solution might lie somewhere else. I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Thanks a lot.