Windows 7 How to remove SuperAdBlocker, especialy from 'Services'

Georgey

Honorable Member
I tried SuperAdBlocker, but it didn't work with IE 9 nor Firefox 17 Nightly, both 64 bit.
Having uninstalled, a single file named SABSVC stayed in the installation folder, I couldn't remove it for 'used in a program'.
I found it among the 'Services' in the Task Manager but couldn't stop it for 'access denied'.
It obviously starts along with windows but I couldn't find it in the start up menu.
I took over ownership of the file and gave full rights to myself as admin but nothing changed.
I turned to their customer service; per three attempts I got a triple scoop of arrogance and ignorance.
Ever since my net connection is very slow and unreliable.
My hunch is that some registry item should be deleted but I'm no expert dare not poke in the registry unless I'm told exactly what to do. Of course, the solution might lie somewhere else.
I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Thanks a lot.

The service should have shown up in services, or msconfig.exe so you could have stopped it from starting. Maybe using Safe Mode would have allowed access. But if you ever need to change a service, using the Services.msc panel, which you can do from Task Manager will normally give you access and allow for changes. Is the service still listed, and how does it show in Services?

Do you remember the steps you took while following the suggestions of their customer service?

Have you tried starting in Safe Mode to work on the problem?

Depending on what actions were taken prior, you may even want to re-install the program so it can be uninstalled correctly. I will look to see if any special removal procedures are given on that site.

Thanks a lot, it helped.

The customer service didn't suggest anything beyond the obvious, that I hadn't tried before asking for help. First they said to re-, and uninstall. Second, they simply stated that the program is not compatible with the newer browsers, no suggestion at all. Third, to use the uninstall/remove button in the control panel. It’s beyond my comprehension why they didn’t tell me what you said.

Thanks again, it was a great help.

Last edited:
Did they mention anything about checking the browsers for any Add-ons?

I can't find the first answer but it was the same as the third except for suggesting re-, and uninstall instead of the add/remove button. The second and third answers were these:

Jul 30 2012 (Mon)
2:25:12 PM PDT

SuperAdBlocker.com Replied:

Hello,

SUPERAdBlocker is not compatible with newer browsers and operating systems.

Regards,

SUPERAdBlocker.com Customer Service

Aug 13 2012 (Mon)
1:16:54 PM PDT

SuperAdBlocker.com Replied:

Hello,

SUPERAdBlocker is not compatible with newer browsers an operating systems, and thus will not function accordingly.
Please visit the Control Panel Add/Remove programs and select SuperAdBlocker from the menu and click the Add/Remove button.

Regards,

SUPERAdBlocker.com Customer Service
I explained all three times what I did here. Not a single word in the answers regarding that particular file/service.
Nor browsers, nor add-ons (but in my understanding it was covered by 'not compatible').

Last edited:
Try these:

1. Open the Task manager - processes and see if you can locate the file. If it is there, right click and disable it. You might then be able to delete it from Windows Explorer.
2. Reinstall the program, ensure it is not active, then try and uninstall again.
3. (Back up your registry first!) Run Regedit. Open Hkey_Current_ user- Scroll down to "Software" and see if you have an entry there for SuperAddBlocker. If so, right click it and delete it.

Back
Top Bottom