Windows 8 How To Reset Or Refresh Windows 8 Without DVD

zmechys

"Microsoft has introduced two interesting and very useful features in Windows 8. Refresh PC and Reset PC are the two new features that help you fix all Windows issues by refreshing settings or resetting everything. These features allow you set your Windows 8 settings to their defaults, or reset Windows 8 to factory settings (original settings) by deleting data and installed apps.
Though most of us have the Windows 8 installation media, it’s always a good idea to make necessary changes to the default settings so that you can Reset Windows 8 without inserting the installation or recovery media."

How To Reset Or Refresh Windows 8 Without DVD

These are those last resort things simply because they do cause you to loose some stuff, in the case of Reset, you loose everything and start from scratch. For refresh you loose those apps you installed from the desktop.

IMO the gold standard for System Recovery is Imaging! An image includes everything on your PC at the time the Image is created, EVERYTHING! It takes from 10 to 30 minutes (depending on your PC and Imaging app) to restore your PC to the exact time the Image was created.

I create a new Image after each patch Tuesday so my Images are always up to date.

These are those last resort things simply because they do cause you to loose some stuff, in the case of Reset, you loose everything and start from scratch. For refresh you loose those apps you installed from the desktop.

IMO the gold standard for System Recovery is Imaging! An image includes everything on your PC at the time the Image is created, EVERYTHING! It takes from 10 to 30 minutes (depending on your PC and Imaging app) to restore your PC to the exact time the Image was created.

I create a new Image after each patch Tuesday so my Images are always up to date.

Thank you for your advice. From now on, every time I install updates, I'll create a new image of my computers by using Windows 8 tools.

Create a Windows 8 Backup Image
Create a Windows 8 Backup Image - Help Desk Geek

How to create a custom refresh image in Windows 8
How to create a custom refresh image in Windows 8

Back