Windows 7 How to resolve Windows error 0X80070057 – (When Parameter is incorrect)?

Kria Raiprakash

Hi,

When I was trying to copy a file off a networked drive I get the following error: Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

This is the third time this has occurred. The first time I was trying to copy 6 files and 3 of them were copied correctly and the other was not. I am really confused what to do.
If anybody knows the solution .kindly help

Hi,

When I was trying to copy a file off a networked drive I get the following error: Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

This is the third time this has occurred. The first time I was trying to copy 6 files and 3 of them were copied correctly and the other was not. I am really confused what to do.

Have you tried this (Please make a back up of your registry first):
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...r-message-when-you-back-up-files-in-windows-7

This is likely due to filesystem corruption. Run the following command chkdsk C: /R replace C with the drive letter of the external drive.

Follow these steps-
Step 1: Click Start button and type Regedit.exe in the search box and hit Enter key.
Step 2: Now you can see the Registry Editor. Try to find out the registry sub key following the path below and click it:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates
Step 3: Click the Edit menu and move mouse to New and then click DWORD Value. Next right-click CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo and click Modify.
Step 4: Type 1 and click OK on the Value data box. Exit Registry Editor and restart your PC.

If you want to more information follow this link:
How To Fix Error Code 0x80070057 In Windows 10, 7 & 8.1

Hi,

I think some of the files you are copying are corrupt.

1 Press Start.
2 Type in "cmd".
3 Left click on the search result and then click on "Run as administrator".
4 Type in cmd "chkdsk C: /R".
5 It will ask to you for a reboot, type in "y".
6 When your computer starts up, open up cmd again.
7 Type in "sfc /scannow".

Let me know if the problem still occurs.

I think some of the files you are copying are corrupt.

1 Press Start.
2 Type in "cmd".
3 Left click on the search result and then click on "Run as administrator".
4 Type in cmd "chkdsk C: /R".
5 It will ask to you for a reboot, type in "y".
6 When your computer starts up, open up cmd again.
7 Type in "sfc /scannow".

Let me know if the problem still occurs.

Back