Windows 7 How to set programs later for startup?

Martino

Hi.
I have a LOT of programs running when I start up my computer.

Is there a way to create a "fast run"?
What I mean:

Load the basic processes.
Then mail, my browser and skype.

The rest starts up 5 minutes later.

Is that possible?

Thx!

Martino

I would just recommend turning them off through msconfig. Why do you need all of them to run on startup. It's going to take longer trying to load them on startup than if you were to load all of them yourself manually because they all put a load on your CPU when everything else such as explorer and other main files are just loading.

A more advanced and effective option is "Autoruns" from system internals. It allows you to disable practically every process, service and dynamically linked library that runs at startup. Use cautiously.
Autoruns for Windows

Hi.
I have a LOT of programs running when I start up my computer.

Is there a way to create a "fast run"?
What I mean:

Load the basic processes.
Then mail, my browser and skype.

The rest starts up 5 minutes later.

Is that possible?

Thx!

Martino

Don't know if this is still a requirement, but checkout Startup Delayer by r2 Studios.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soluto is a great centralized application as well. It allows you to delay start up items, stop them from running and also helps provide information about crashes and solutions and update apps. Best of all, you can get one of your techie friends to install it for you and have them manage this all remotely without every interrupting you!

A more advanced and effective option is "Autoruns" from system internals. It allows you to disable practically every process, service and dynamically linked library that runs at startup. Use cautiously.
Autoruns for Windows

-autoruns is an awesome tool if you know your files, you can get rid of or just disable most any process.
-if you want to just boot faster, i would first try msconfig to see what could be slowing you down; things like adobe reader can be launched when you need it, for instance. you can safely turn off anything that isn't microsoft and your boot will be fastest, but without those programs, of course :)

Back