Windows 7 How to solve this blue screen error (BCCode: 1a) "Memory Management"

hi there, if this forum is still active i'm looking for assistance as i have just received this

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000041284
BCP2: FFFFF980448F1001
BCP3: 0000000000012867
BCP4: FFFFF780C0000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012616-11138-01.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-12823-0.sysdata.xml

any help would be amazing :(

Hi,
in order to help you best we need to see the dump files created when the machine blue screens. If non are present then you'll need to change Windows settings so that they are created when a bsod occurs.
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Once your sure you have some dump files (look in the main windows folder for a folder marked 'Minidump') run the app found here and post the results:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

In the meantime BCCode 1a or Bugcheck 1A is a memory error and can mean your RAM has failed. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

I also moved your post to it's own thread as sometimes it can run to a few pages so you need your own thread to save confusion.

Back