Windows 7 How to sync time with internet server at login?

MIRKOSOFT

Hi!

I found old laptop and installed there Windows 7 SP1 Pro x86.
Laptop has discharged CMOS battery and it is placed deep on motherboard as is near not accessible. I think why designers left easier access to CPU instead CMOS battery?
I have no choice than at power-on only confirm load defaults by pressing F1 key and start Windows. At login it has date in year 2006 so I must each time go to Date and time settings and manually sync time with server 'cause if I do it not,I can't access websites and services which requires autenthification or so.
Is it possible to do by any command in command line or is it possible to do by any command in Task Scheduler?

Thank you for understanding.
Miro

You can just start the Windows Time Service. Replacing the CMOS would be a better option.

I know that CMOS replacing is better option, but it is placed really on place what can in my hands damage my notebook.
Also - BIOS defaults are no my favorite settings.

So, I want to start Windows Time Service.
Is it enough to add it to startup by Task scheduler or as Startup item? Or needs it configuration?

Thank you for help.
Miro

Windows is already configured to start the time service when needed to sync the time. To manually force the sync though, yes you would just start the time service.

Back