Windows 7 How to take back up of windows7 o/s in new laptop

kedarreddy

Hi Folks -

Bought a new Laptop with Windows7 home premium O/S,64 Bit
So I would like to take back up of Windows 7 ( Incase of laptop crash/formatting, as I want it to re-install it )
Please let me know how to do that and also restore and re-installation ?

Windows 7 has a backup utility but I don't have any experience on how well it works. Many manufacturers have a way to make disk set for reinstall the way it was shipped. check out those 2 options for a start.
Joe

Create a backup

One weakness of the Windows operating system has always been its poor backup facilities. Fortunately, Microsoft has finally provided full-featured backup in Windows 7. Here we are talking about imaging of the entire disk, not the partial backup ofLink Removed - Invalid URLAnother new and very welcome feature allows for the preparation of a system repair disk. Since many PCs come with only a restore disk or even just a restore partition, this will be a useful addition.
Creating a system repair disk in Windows 7

. Go to Control Panel-System and Security. Select "Back up your computer." Then in the left side of the dialog box that opens, choose "Create a system repair disc" (graphic below).
Link Removed - Invalid URL
You can also enter "repair" in the Start search line and then choose "Create a System Repair Disc". The next graphic shows the dialog for creating a system repair disc.
Making a disk image in Windows 7

Windows 7 also has a utility for making an image backup of your PC. If your system didn't come with a restore disc, create a backup. Once you have everything configured the way you like it, then make another backup. Continue to make backups at regular intervals so that you don't lose your work and programs when a disk crash or virus infection happens. The dialog shown below is obtained by clicking on "Create a system image", as shown in the first graphic above.
Since Windows 7 is big, using a DVD to back up will likely require several discs. An external USB hard drive is a better medium. If you are an advanced PC user, there is the option of a network drive.

Get the best solution for backup

I'm glad you have the foresight to prepare for the day when you may need to recover your system. One of the greatest downers in the world of backup and recovery is to find that it lets you down when you need it most! Because of this I always use what I consider to be the best solution on the market - Acronis True Image. It is powerful, flexible, above all, reliable and it's not expensive (about £30). It can be used to create images of complete physical or logical drives, run a complete recovery or clone from the image, mount the image as a virtual drive to extract/recover specific files or folders - and much more. Get full trial copy here:

True Image 2010 - Free Trial Download

Back