Windows 7 How to update outdated drivers?

I have used computer for 9 years. My first computer is a DIY desktop computer, the second one is ThinkPad T43, and the current is HP Pavilion g4. I didn't care the outdated drivers on first several years. With the accumulation of computer knowledge , I learned that old driver are related with game performance , video performance, and the hardware conflicts.

Then I begin to update drivers manually. The steps are showed as following:

Right click "My Computer" => click "Management" => click "Device Management", then select a device and check for whether it's outdated, then you can update them one by one.

I was really annoyed by endless checking and updating. So today, I want to share some tool that can checking outdated drivers and update them automatically.

Driver Booster: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_driver_booster.html (Download Link)

main.png

DriverMax: http://drivermax.com

drivermax_main.png

DriverPack Solution: http://www.drp.su

dps.png

Last edited:
I trust only my own judgement when looking at driver updates. The various robots, wizards and automatic updates have caused me problems in years gone by and I only ever update by visiting the website of the device manufacturer and check for myself if there is an update available. The frequency of checking and the number of devices to check is not so onerous and I remain in control of what is happening on my pc.

I trust only my own judgement when looking at driver updates. The various robots, wizards and automatic updates have caused me problems in years gone by and I only ever update by visiting the website of the device manufacturer and check for myself if there is an update available. The frequency of checking and the number of devices to check is not so onerous and I remain in control of what is happening on my pc.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. Actually, you know, there are still lots people who are not skilled in computer or hate such annoying things. So suggesting a easy to use and effective tool will be helpful. :redface:

I've been using DriverMax for several years, I even got myself the paid Pro version. Despite a few problems, I'm very happy with it --- and this is NOT an advertisement. I only mean to say it makes things a lot easier. It announces when updates are available, but it doesn't update them automatically. I do have a couple of updates I have removed from the list, since they didn't work. But I had those earlier, too. A main thing in using any programs here or in, say registry fixing, is to create a restoration point.

A helping hand, they are. But one has to know where and how to use that hand. One's computer is one's responsibility, so one has to know what's happening. It's not really a bigger problem than the fact that you shouldn't use automatic speed control in a car when driving in rush hour. :)

Last edited:
Thank you for your sharing. I have to say all these three software have the function that you mentioned in drivermax: "It announces when updates are available, but it doesn't update them automatically." The difference is that other software support automatically update, drivermax not.

Back
Top Bottom