How very weird...

Drew

Banned
Today (22/2/12) this Forum site loads/opens fine in Windows 8 but, not in Windows 7... just gets "403 Forbidden". What an unexpected surprise when it came up on Win8 whilst, it won't on Win7. Very strange... :confused:

We had DNS propagation... the downtime turned into major upgrades of key components of just about everything. We are working on getting the details out.

Yes, when I had the site for a while in Windows 8, did notice a blurb about 'DNS maintenance'. Mostly wondered if there was an ETA on the site being live, again.

& thanx for the explanation to the snags... no worries, will check on status periodically.

Cheers,
Drew

It looks like the DNS update has hit most of the continental United States and large parts of Europe. In fact, if you never logged on near the transition stage, you were probably unaffected. If you get bounced around to an error page while navigating the site, your best bet truly is to clear out the browser cache, as it is picking up remnants of that redirect. A ipconfig /flushdns or restart would not be out of order, but by this time tomorrow, I would say that 100% accessibility worldwide is quite possible - with better results. The new multi-processor optimization for MySQL is promising and the upgrades to PHP were worth some time being down. It has to happen sooner or later. We had a lot of pending updates for the core server, and if we were down over an issue like SSL, better to get them all at once. Thank you for your patience, Drew.

Oh, eeek ... it's all cool. Was just curious, like anyone, as to an ETA back to running. Sometimes it's hard to tell how long. No worries.

Strange. I got the message when I tried to log in here. I posted on the Windows 8 forum to try to sort it. After a chat with my ISP contacts, they said it was a cookie/cache error on their part. I deleted all my cookies, etc.. and was, indeed, able to access the site again.

Mine is doing the same thing. Deleted History and cookies, etc in Firefox and it came back. IE9 is still out even after deleting everything...

Have you deleted these, Saltgrass:
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

Also, as we all know, Ccleaner does a grand job with this kind of thing.

Try this... All I did was Internet Options Delete, Delete, ran CCleaner, closed & refreshed the browser (IE9) & all was fine, again. GL, Drew

Thanks guys, IE 9 came back. Just had to shut it down for a while and make sure all the favorites that had the URL removed, like Drew mentions. I had been cheating and not letting the deletion remove my favorites list... :rolleyes:

Everything fine now... Did not have to run CCleaner....

I have learned something new, again... After Mike mentioned flushing the dns I used the displaydns first. I found some interesting things, and after flushing, they were gone. But the below is one thing I found, I wonder if anyone recognizes it?? :confused:

Edit: Seems the edited link did some funny things. Now I have to get it off my system !!!

Last edited:
Back