Windows 7 HP C7280 Double sided printing

rmazzaferro

I am running the latest/updated windows 7 32-bit SW and have installed the latest updates from HP for my printing SW. My printer works fine, but the "automatic (not manual)" double sided printing does not work, and the preference options are limited (left/right edge booklet).

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know the correct/latest windows 7 HP print driver version?

Thanks in advance.

Some times the Win 7 drivers are limited in capability. If you are using the ones from the site below, possbily including the patch for Vista to Win 7 upgrades, you should have full capability.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

If that won't help, is there a setting you might try changing, such as allowing bidirectional? When you work with printers, make sure you are right clicking and selecting Printer properties and not just properties.

I verified the SW I had installed (latest) is what you pointed me to.

I verified the printer prefences (i.e. birdircectional) and in doing so I found a device driver setting which has be to set manually (versus automatic) that told the print driver that the printer had a duplex device installed.

Thanks for help.

For more detailis for others who have this problem (like I did) here's what HP's support told me to do to achieve the same thing in more steps than saltgrass and mazzaferro did.

Mr ____, I would like to inform that the two sided printing is not available in the windows 7 by default, so to print the two-sided (Duplexing) Printing under the Windows 7 you need to set the two-sided setting. I request you please click on the following link and perform the steps one by one:-

Link Removed - Invalid URL

NOTE: Please do not click on the link, please copy the link and paste it in address bar of the new Internet browser window and press Enter.

After the performing the steps provided in the above link , I request you please follow the steps given below to print.

1. On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon , type control printers in the Start Search box, and then press Enter . The Printers window opens.
  2. Click Add a printer from the menu near the top of the window. The Add Printer dialog box appears.
  3. Click Add a local printer . Click Use existing port: , make sure that USB001 or DOT4_001 is selected for the printer port, and then click Next .
  4. Under Manufacturer , click HP , under Printers , click HP DeskJet 990c , and then click Next .
  5. Click Use the driver that is currently installed , and then click Next .
  6. Use the default printer name, click to remove the checkmark next to Set as the default printer , and then click Next .
  7. Click Do not share this printer , and then click Next .
  8. Click Finish to complete the setup.
  9. Try to print any document and check the functionality.
Sounds like everyone who has a bidirectional duplexing printer will have this issue.

Back