Windows 7 HP DV1000 Laptop - No Sound

Cregglea

Can anyone help? I have installed Windows 7 on a HP DV1000 Pavilion laptop, no problems. However l have no sound.
I have a Conexant High Definition Audio driver installed and its working. If l plug in headphones l get sound, however the speakers are not working. I know its not the speakers because prior to this l had XP installed and had no issues....
At a complete loss now, its using the Waikiki chipset if that rings any bells with folks.

Thanks

same problem

Just installed Win7 Pro on my dv1000 (specifically dv1680ca) and I also have no sound. I had to initially install a driver from Link Removed - Invalid URL (only drivers for XP and Vista were available) for windows to see that I had speakers at all, not it thinks I have sound (sound animation in taskbar), but no sound.

I do get sound when I plug in my headphones, but nothing from the speakers. The same problem came up with Vista, but the driver seemed to work that time.

I was browsing their website, and Link Removed - Invalid URL seems to suggest that our computer won't be supported with windows 7.

If that's the case.... DAMMIT!

hey, i posted a reply that i had the same problem - i just fixed it by using the drivers for windows XP... odd

Link Removed - Invalid URL

i downloaded both audio drivers

hey, i posted a reply that i had the same problem - i just fixed it by using the drivers for windows XP... odd

Link Removed - Invalid URL

i downloaded both audio drivers

OK OK EVERYONE! I have researched this for WEEKS on end now and I tried everything that every post said to do and I am giving you the REAL solution today that worked on my HP DV1000 When nothing else did. I am not one to do these threads but I had to share this because I feel everyones pain on this problem. go to the link I provide and follow his instructions and you WILL have sound once and for all. Hope this helps you guys all out. Laptop Drivers: Installing Conexant CX20468-31 AC97 Audio Driver in windows 7

Back