Windows 7 HP dv9920us -Keyboard freaking out

akillika

Hello,

I installed Windows 7, 32bit Build 7100. EVERYTHING works perfectly aside from the Keyboard. Yeah, minor problem, right?

Anyway, I will be typing just like I am now and when I hit the t key sometimes it will backspace, highlight the whole line and erase it, go up 2 lines and delete everything. It happens sometimes with the g or h key also. Just more commonly with t. I tried using a 32bit Vista driver, but it's still doing it.

I installed my old hard drive which still has Vista on it and the keyboard works just fine.

I desperately need to fix this. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

I installed Windows 7, 32bit Build 7100. EVERYTHING works perfectly aside from the Keyboard. Yeah, minor problem, right?

7100 is not even a final version. Why isntall it? Lots of things were fixed by the time 7600 was released. You may be wiser to install the final version before you waste time trying to fix an rc version.

Why install it? Because it's a corporate copy that I received from work. Where can I get the latest version? And will the key I have work for it?

Thanks

Why install it? Because it's a corporate copy that I received from work. Where can I get the latest version? And will the key I have work for it?
Thanks

Your version is beta and it expires in 4 months.. the final version will run 4 months without activation -using rearm. You can download the final version from micrsoft. the links are in my blogs.. about 4th from last.

NO.. your key for RC will not work for the final version and it will only keep your version working till March.

I would consider it a waste of time to try to fix a beta version.

Your system is an Entertainment Notebook. It would seem likely your system had special key commands for certain items. Have you loaded a keyboard driver for your specific system?

If you look at Device Manager, Keyboard , properties, what do you show under Driver-Details for a driver.

Have you cleaned out your keyboard lately?

Back