Windows 10 HP Printer "Offline"

Qckslvr

Hi. Newbie here - first post.

I recently purchased a new HP Notebook running Windows 10 (HP 15-ay041 wm) and immediately connected my HP Envy 5530 e-All-in-One wireless printer to it. Piece of cake! It worked flawlessly. That was then, and this is now. A few weeks have passed since then, and I just tried to print from the laptop. It now reports that my printer is offline. When I go through the HP hoops, it shows that it is indeed online and connected. I can AirPrint from my iPhone without a problem, but I cannot print from the laptop. Am I missing something here? Nowhere can I find a setting to select to change the printer status from Offline to Online, even though it apparently is already "Online". Very frustrating!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd start by restarting or verifying your print spooler service is running, also firewall rules could block the 'printer online' detection which would result in an offline status.

Try going into the configuration settings of your printer and select a fixed IP address. It normally gets its IP address through DHCP from your router and that may change from time to time. You can chose the IP address it has now to become its fixed address.

If the above suggestions don't work, try "rolling back" your Windows to a point in time before the printing problem occurred using the built-in SYSTEM RESTORE. Make sure you FIRST BACKUP ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA! THIS WOULD INCLUDE YOUR LIBRARY FOLDERS FOR DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS, MUSIC, VIDEOS, AND ANY SAVED E-MAILS OR ATTACHMENTS IN ORDER TO AVOID IRRETRIEVABLE DATA LOS!!!.

Best,:)
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

So many times, I have seen people dealing with the hp printer offline problem due to the network communication problem. so I will suggest you to check for the printer software and get your problem resolved by following the instructions given below.
1. Power off your printer and wait for one minute.
2. Wait for 3 minutes and then try to check, if your printer is connected to the wifi. if it is not. you need to go ahead and connect to the wifi.
3. Make sure your computer is also connected with the same network.
4. Now try to print a document. I am sure, it will start printing.

Back