Windows 7 HP printer working on windows 7 starter but not on windows7 prof. home

ey8675xx

I have windows7 on a acer notebook and able to use my HP 5610xi w/no problem. I recently bought an acer desktop emachine el1352g and cannot use my hp or some other software. It says that product cannot be installed with operating system. The only difference i can see is that the emachine desktop is a 64bit processor

Does anyone have insight as to the problem or resolution. I tried to go through hp (download driver) website but got no where

You might try Link Removed - Invalid URL . According to them that driver package should work with Windows 7 64bit OS and your printer.

Trouble, I tried to load from HP site and it went for 1/2 of the download then stopped. Executed it twice with the same results.

Slightly confused
went for 1/2 of the download then stopped. Executed it twice with the same results
Does that mean that you have been unsuccessful in obtaining the driver from the link I supplied above.
Just downloaded it right now myself. So I'm relatively certain that the link is good. You may need to try from another computer or location and then burn it to a CD.
AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe 371,388KB (about 362 megs so it may take a while)
I used 7zip to extract it and the contents Link Removed due to 404 Error look good. The setup.exe app is included as well as the .inf files, I don't actually have that printer so I cannot test it further.

I appolize that it took so long in resolving this issue. The download disconnect problem turned out to be a Verison problem (put out software that wasn't fully tested). I spent over four hours on phone with tech.(s) to correct the problem of disconnecting very very frequently. I will not bore you with the detail but it was related to the new pantech UML290 4G modem. They ended up with quickly comming up with a new version to correct their problem and only could get via download (too new for them to burn a CD).

Anyway its history and I did download the HP printer software to run on a 64 bit computer.

Many thanks to you Trouble and the patients to stick with the issue. Wish you well.

Joe L., Michigan

No that you for the follow up and posting that actual solution that helped you resolve your issue. I will try to keep that Pantech modem in mind but at least now that you've posted it here it should be searchable through the forum's search utility which will help.
Thanks for joining our community and we hope to continue to see you around
Regards
Randy

Back