Windows 7 hpe 235f dual monitor question

ascampo85

I am trying to dual monitor my hpe 235f, it has 3 ports a hdmi, dvi and other. 2 can be used at the same time with the graphics card i have and disables the onboard vga and dvi. Unfortunately the monitor I'm hooking up is older and only has dvi and vga, the current monitor has the same.

Bought a dvi splitter thinking it would work but only displays one image on both screens.
Would gettinger a dvi splitter with a vga and dvi connection work instead? Or what could be other options?

Thank you

I know how to extend the screens, change resolution and those things. It's the connection I'm having trouble with.

When i plug both monitors into the dvi splitter I just get a mirror image instead and at 640x480 resolution. No option for extend or change resolution size when they are both hooked up in the options.

Ahh....misread that....your using a splitter......to split one port into two....got it. That's the problem right there, each monitor has to be on it's own cable and it's own port in order to work correctly.

Back
Top Bottom