Windows 8 I am sure this has been asked before but, I suspect I missed it.

lorenkjr1

Extraordinary Member
Is there any way at all to speed up the desktop version of IE11? The other one on the start up menu works fine. But, IE11 desktop is slow on many web sites and sometimes the mouse works and sometimes I have to use the up or down arrow keys. And sometime changing web pages is just plain not fun. Ideas?

Actually your cheers are becoming my cheers, as I have about had it with something that just plain does perform well. Unless it's on one very fast desktop, which I fail to see any reason for that to be?

Actually your cheers are becoming my cheers, as I have about had it with something that just plain does perform well. Unless it's on one very fast desktop, which I fail to see any reason for that to be?
I just finished installing Chrome and it is much nicer for me in every way I can think of. Thanks. Maybe IE11 or .higher will get up to snuff some day. But, the waiting time for it to get ready to do something just was not fun for me. Even scrolling is no longer a big deal.

Let me ask for my benefit. Does something like IE11 run better on a better faster machine than what I might be using?

Not really. I also hate all the pop-ups and all the things it does on it's own for Microsoft's benefit. Never used for decade except when my PC is new. I need to use it to download google chrome. Hahaha.

Enjoy your new browser.

Back