I believe Windows 7 SP1 is causing my computer games to constantly minimize and crash. :'(

Dan50

This didn't happen before SP1. I tried playing Ultimate Doom, Wolf 3d and GTA 3 (which I installed after SP1 sadly). I thought it was just GTA 3 being non 64 bit compatible but then I noticed other games I had were doing it as well. How can I fix this?

Dan50

Anyone know how to fix this? DOSBOX works ok.

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
The only thing I might suggest is to update or reinstall your video drivers. My games seem to be acting normally, but it did freeze once where I had not seen it before.

Dan50

The only thing I might suggest is to update or reinstall your video drivers. My games seem to be acting normally, but it did freeze once where I had not seen it before.

How do I do that?

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Use Device manager (devmgmt.msc in the search box) and select your display adapter and right click.

Do you know what graphics system you have?

Dan50

Mobile Intel 4 Express Chipset Family. I checked for updates and its up to date.

Last edited:
If you've been keeping windows updated via auto update then just uninstall SP1 it's not really needed as it is basically just a rollup of all the previously released security/update fixes

Dan50

Problem seems to have fixed itself. :) No idea why. Hope it stays this way.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.