Windows 7 I can connect to my college network but i have no internet access

kellymanning09

I have previously been able to connect to my school's network, but lately my internet won't work. I have disconnected and reconnected. I have rebooted and can not seem to find the solution to the problem. The other students here are connecting to the network and have complete internet access.
I am able to get it everywhere else, like at my house and other free wifi areas, but can't get it are my university. Any solutions?

kellymanning09:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Often when we see this issue (especially since your wifi works well in other areas) it has more to do with the network, then your actual computer. You may want to contact the people responsible for administering the network and see if they can provide any insight regarding your problem. Often it may be a filter list that they have in place, or some conflicting configuration problems.
In the mean time take a look at the IPv4 properties of your wireless network adapter.
Type ncpa.cpl into the search box and hit enter
Select then right click the problem wireless adapter and choose properties.
In the properties dialog box (scroll if necessary) and highlight/select Internet Protocol Version 4 and then click the Properties button.
In the IPv4 properties dialog box near the bottom select the radio button that says "Use the following DNS server addresses:"
enter the following
Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4
OK your way back out of there and reboot.
See if that helps. If not go back and reset it to "Obtain DNS server address automatically" and contact the network administrators for some direction.

Back