Windows 7 I can see my HDD but can't open it

Pigimon

Hi, i used to have ubuntu on my pc but as a gamer i allways use windows too,i have 2 maxtor 250gb and one 500gb WD which i want to use only for data,so first i installed ubuntu 10.04LTS on one maxtor i formated the WD as "FAT(Visible to windows)" - that's what ubuntu said.. and then i installed windows 7 to the other maxtor. when i logged in windows i couldn't see the drive in "Computer" folder but i can on device manager as well on disk management but can't open it either way please help me thank you!!

P.S. i think that the disk hasn't a letter assigned,plus it has data init.
heres a pic of my disk management!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 373
Hi, i used to have ubuntu on my pc but as a gamer i allways use windows too,i have 2 maxtor 250gb and one 500gb WD which i want to use only for data,so first i installed ubuntu 10.04LTS on one maxtor i formated the WD as "FAT(Visible to windows)" - that's what ubuntu said.. and then i installed windows 7 to the other maxtor. when i logged in windows i couldn't see the drive in "Computer" folder but i can on device manager as well on disk management but can't open it either way please help me thank you!!

P.S. i think that the disk hasn't a letter assigned,plus it has data init.
heres a pic of my disk management!

I am not 100% sure but suspect you mean the 4 partitions with no drive letters. If that is the case any good third party app like Paragon disk suite can add a letter and then (if they are fat32) win 7 should be able to see them. Paragon trial is free.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom