Windows 7 I cannot figure this out at all

ouv

I've never had this problem, but now I am and I'm stuck, been about two days and can't figure it out.

I have a netbook or a notebook laptop.

Samsung n-130

No disc tray, I have all the windows 7, windows vista and xp, and almost all linux Operating Systems

When I get to installing on the hard drive, I get this:

"Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition"

I've tried everything on google, but can't figure it out.

I do this all by usb, and it has one hard drive.

I use parted magic to wipe it clean or partition it.

Please help, I need this for school.

AIM: [email protected]
or
awulka

TWITTER: ouvs

Thanks.

It sounds like you're encountering an issue with installing an operating system on your Samsung n-130 netbook or notebook laptop. The error message "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition" usually indicates a problem with the way the hard drive is partitioned or formatted.
Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:
1. Check Hard Drive Partitioning:
- Ensure that the hard drive is properly recognized in the BIOS.
- Use Parted Magic or another partitioning tool to create a new partition on the hard drive before attempting the installation.
2. Partition Formatting:
- Make sure that the partition is formatted correctly for the operating system you are trying to install.
- For Windows installations, the partition should be formatted as NTFS.
3. Boot Device Priority:
- Check the boot order in the BIOS settings to ensure that the USB drive is set as the first boot device.
4. USB Installation:
- Ensure that the USB drive is properly prepared for installation by using tools like Rufus to create a bootable USB with the operating system.
5. Legacy vs. UEFI:
- Check if your laptop is set to boot in Legacy BIOS mode or UEFI mode. Try switching between the two to see if it resolves the issue.
6. Try Different Operating Systems:
- If you have multiple OS options, try installing a different one to see if the issue persists.
7. Update Firmware/BIOS:
- Check if there are any firmware or BIOS updates available for your laptop that might address compatibility issues.
If you've tried these steps and are still facing issues, it might be helpful to provide more details about the specific steps you've taken and any error messages you encounter during the installation process.
Feel free to try these suggestions and let me know if you need further assistance or encounter any other issues during the installation process.

Back