Windows 7 I can't get all my music into the library

albow

I'm so mad I could SCREAM!!!!!! I have a new computer that I started up today. UNlike WMP on xp which worked very intuitively and easily, I cannot put all my music into wmp on 7. I have tried and clicked and tried and cannot find any logic to how this is setup. Prior to removing the old computer, I moved all my files to my ext hd. They show up there ajnd I can play them, but only by clicking them individually. I was able to move individually (why the hell can't I move a bunch or all at once) about 50 (I saw the limit of folders was 50) to the library before it disallowed them. THe cd's are listed on my ext hd simply as drive I:/ but all show art and are arranged properly by artist. What in the $)(*%@&(*@^#)(%)(*@&#$(*^*(&) do I have to do to get them into the mo($%()(WEW)(^(*E(W*(*)( music library!!!!!!!!!!!! I see where I can make a new folder so I thought I could maybe grab them all and put them there then put that folder into the library but it won't allow you to put anything into the freaking folder!!! About the only thing I haven't tried is sending it to a compressed folder because I didn't think that would work. I have over 400 cd's ripped onto here (moved to the ext hd from the old computer) and don't want to rerip them, much less remove the crummy songs again. I've already lost my ratings for them but at least I know all were 4's and 5's so at least that doesn't matter. I'm tempted to move them all from the ext hd to the new c drive, but I'm afraid I would still have the same problem after waiting 48 hrs for them all to transfer. I've got a similar freaking problem with all 10,000 of my pics too. At least my kodak software allowed me to put them into it, but when I click on the photo library, all I get is the pics I added later today from my camera. I use my photos as a screen saver so this really blows. Somebody help me before I beat the he!! out of a poor defenseless printer or something!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So, if I get this right, basically you are telling me how to delete all the music files on here so I won't have any duplicates or corruption when I re-rip them? God, that's going to be a lot of work. What in the heck would make the player/library be corrupted on a brand new computer? Also, I'm not sure what files you are suggesting to move vs deleting? Will these be music files when I look? I definitely will burn a cd of the few I don't have a hard copy of already. Is there any value at this point and time to hooking the old computer back up and getting one of those direct transfer cables? Unfortunately in the past week when preparing for my new computer, I moved all these files to the ext hd instead of just copying them to it so I can't figure any benefit in doing so. Also, wouldn't this take over 24 hrs to transfer since it took over that long to move them to the ext hd? Is there something similar I'm going to have to do with my pics? Thanks.

What about this ad appearing on here "fix windows media player: download new drivers" "Download now". All my drivers should be the most up to date with my new installation yesterday, right?

Back