Windows 8 I can't load Spotify

brisbanebob

I had Spotify running then it stopped. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it wouldn't install. I set myself up as Administrator, uninstalled it, attempted to reinstall it and this is what I get:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Spotify.exe
Application Version: 0.9.0.117
Application Timestamp: 51667286
Fault Module Name: USER32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.2.9200.16420
Fault Module Timestamp: 505a971d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000653b4
OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 0248
Additional Information 2: 02488b4f31fc060f24931251a54163e2
Additional Information 3: caa0
Additional Information 4: caa0348349e86ca630f84201a29c2047

Does this have anything to do with 32/64 bit processing?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

You can always try to completely uninstall it with the Revo Uninstaller trial version, and re-install it under the normal user account you always use. This should give you a clean approach to the problem. Spotify has worked quite well in Windows 8 here, without much difficulty. Please let us know how you manage to resolve the issue.

To answer your question: It should really have nothing to do with 32/64-bit at all. Spotify, like many programs, is fully compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. The program has been QA tested quite a bit and has worked flawlessly for me on multiple platforms. There may be times, once installed correctly, that you have to log in and out, to restore your credentials, but this is very rare.

In Windows 8 Pro, you will find Spotify's file directory in C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\. This can be a problem if you try to use multiple users to install the program. The application itself is running under the user credentials it is installed for because the application is credential specific for your Windows account. It is designed so that if multiple people are using your computer, each person can maintain their own Spotify installation and preferences. This is why installing as "Administrator" may be a very bad idea.

You should be able to install it, without difficulty, like any other user application. But if you believe the installation has become corrupted and cannot uninstall it properly, this is where Revo Uninstaller would come in handy. Not only would it track down all files on the system referencing Spotify, but registry entries as well, so that you may cleanly install it once again in a proper setting.

Please let me know how it goes for you.

Back
Top Bottom