Windows 7 I corrupted my hard drive (HELP!)

Lok

Hi, i have a Fujitsu mhv2060ah 60GB with a S.M.A.R.T problem and it says the imminent something doesn't work or something like that. The way im guessing this happened was that i plugged this hard drive into another laptop and then plugged it into the original laptop and just saying it i did format this before and then the USB cable came out and the format wasn't fully complete. I tried everything even the hard drive test and utilities can someone please give me another solution to this problem. The computer is HP COMPAQ TC4200 TABLET i think its firmware issue, maybe don't know for sure.

i did format this before and then the USB cable came out and the format wasn't fully complete.
If the format was interrupted before it was completed, the drive may be toast. Can you see the drive in Device Manager or in the BIOS?

If the format was interrupted before it was completed, the drive may be toast. Can you see the drive in Device Manager or in the BIOS?

Yea it shows up and i can even see the hard drive when im trying to reinstall windows its just that windows wouldnt install and wouldnt format either. I formatted it to exfat and it worked but then when i tried to install windows it wouldnt let me because it needs to be an ntfs format. By the way this hard drive can be formatted to ntfs and was before but now its not working.

thanks for the tool but it wont reformat like it would say formatting but wouldnt format.

Then it sounds like the drive is toast. If me, I would install that drive in an enclosure attached to another computer, or in another computer as a secondary drive (NOT boot drive) and see if you can run diagnostics and format from there.

thanks for all the help digerati! U really helped and i ran the diagnostics tool and the drive was toast because it kept failing the test even the comprehensive one. Really appreciate your time! Thanks!

Well, sorry it was not good news. If the drive is less than 3 years old, it may still be under warranty.

Its fine and the drive is over 6 years old so its fine and i guess the time has come for it to go so i threw it out because there is no point of getting it repaired, and i might as well get another one which is under warranty and has more storage space. But i really appreciate your help and thanks for the software really helped out.

Back