Windows 7 I despise Windows 7

iberian5

I registered so that I could record my venomous hatred for this crappy OS and all things associated with it. Sorry to interupt your forum with such negativity - but you have no idea how much I have screamed hatred into the air with this utter *****cks!

Thank you, have a nice day...........................

I have had know problems and really like Windows 7. Windows 8 I am beginning to get the hang of and have no problems with except Skype doesn't seem to work and that maybe because I don't know how to fix the sound problem. My printer also cannot be connected but sure once the final version comes out that all will be okay. In fact I am using Windows 8 much more than 7.

Hi

I'm using Skype with Windows 8 and I'm not having any problems with it.
What's the problem with your sound.

Not having problems with my printer or any other hardware.
Everything is working for me.

Mike

If you give details, more info, maybe can offer some help. Certainly, for myself, Skype & printer, both work just fine....as does everything else.

Drew

Hi

I'm using Skype with Windows 8 and I'm not having any problems with it.
What's the problem with your sound.

Not having problems with my printer or any other hardware.
Everything is working for me.

Mike
Hi Mike, With Skype it is my sound keeps cutting in and out. As for the printer, I called Kodak and they said that it could not be used with Windows 8 until the final version was out. Skype works on Windows 7 just fine. Have both windows 7&8 on this computer but on different HDD's. All my drivers have been updated for the sound and mic.

I'm surprised that the default drivers don't work with your printer, the only driver issue I had was with my video card.
The Microsoft drivers don't support OpenGL, which several of my software programs need to run correctly.

But ATI came out with drivers for Windows 8 and now everything works great.

I'm almost exclusively using Windows 8, but tomorrow I'll have to go back to Windows 7, because I have a job coming in that will use Indesign CS4 and I can't install it in Windows 8 without removing it from Windows 7.

I'm not ready to do that yet, but Windows 7 does feel slower to me when I log into it.

I agree Mike, Windows 7 does seem slower. I have been using Windows 8 about 95% of the time. If I need to print something I will go to my laptop and use it. I am very impressed with what I have seen with Windows 8. I had my doubts for awhile but not anymore.

As for my graphics card, I use Nvida GT 220 and had no problems with it in Windows 8.

Hi Drew, yes it is V5.8.0.158. That is also the same version I use on Windows 7 with know problem.

Sonny,

Trying to imagine why it, Skype's sound, is not perfect for you. The sound is fine w/ other things on Win8?

Drew

I can't imagine either Drew. As for Windows Media Player and the rest there is no problem. I am not going to get to excited about it yet. When it hits the market next year and then if I have a problem that will be a different ball game.

Sonny,

The RC, Beta #2 will be released quite soon. Maybe your Skype will be better then in that. In a way my perspective & ability to answer may be skewed since I've not had a problem w/ anything in or on Windows8.

Drew

The thread seems to have drifted into Windows 8? Maybe you should repost, and see if you can solve some of the problems in the WIndows 8 forums?

Seems the thread did take a wee bit of a 'turn'.

If, you mean me help ppl in the Windows8 Forum... I, already write there & in a few other tech forums, as well.

But, repost what? Sorry, not sure I follow what you're meaning/saying. Darn!

Cheers,
Drew

Back