Windows Vista I did a fresh install today...

djwayne

Yep I did it. I re-formatted my drive and installed the full version of Windows 7 Beta, not the upgrade....

I was having a few problems with buggy software and too many restores.......I had a whole list of problems of which all except one has been resolved, and that may be a problem with a website I'm trying to access with IE 8.

So far the fresh install has been running great. Very solid, and responsive. So we'll see how it goes. :)

Glad to hear you had a successful installation and can now enjoy Windows 7 Beta! :) Clean installs are so much better than upgrades.. ;)

Well I'm hoping to get a rock solid OS this time around. I was having a few problems with my old install, but they have cleared up now. I'm also going to take it easy on installing third party free bee software & toolbars, as that may have contributed to the problems I was having.

Glad to hear you had a successful installation and can now enjoy Windows 7 Beta! :) Clean installs are so much better than upgrades.. ;)

A number of people have pointed out that upgrading one Microsoft product over another doesn't always work right and fresh install on freshly re-formatted drives is what is recommended.

After my experiences, I won't buy the upgrade version, but a full version only.

I'm starting to think that Microsoft would be doing themselves a big favor by not releasing an upgrade, and I'll bet customer complaints would drop dramatically.

Last edited:
Back