Windows 7 I have a problem with my ipod, has this been seen before?

Pike

Hello, I just got my brand new computer today, it replaced an ancient HP Pavillion that was new around the time XP came out. My new computer is a Dell Studio XPS, and it has this Windows 7 on it, and I have a problem, so here I am.

What my problem is is that I have this iPod, 5th generation with 30 gigs of space. It started failing a while ago so I enabled disk use on it, and continued to use it as a external hard drive. I have a bunch of things on it like a ready-to-use Ubuntu OS, my pictures, Project 64, and of course, my iTunes library is still on it.

Now I am trying to sync all my music onto my new computer. This works fine, but iTunes grinds to a halt every time it tries to take my TV shows off the iPod. There's no way to change the sync order, as far as I can tell, and every time I try to see what is going on from the Windows Explorer end, Explorer crashes. It does recognize the iPod, though.

So, has this happened to anyone else? Should I just ask Apple if I can download all my purchases off the internet? Or is there a way I can fix this on my end? I'm not opposed to installing third-party software to get the job done.

Thank you in advance for any help.

If I understand your situation correctly, have you tried moving the TV shows when you have it set as an external drive and not an iPod?

Could it have anything to do with digital rights management?

You said the iPod was failing. Could it be a drive problem or something else. Perhaps something got corrupted and was giving those indications.

No, what had happened is that when I tried to play videos or games it would eat up battery really fast, and movies would end up freezing and have loud buzzing.

I could listen to music, but I had to set it to have the backlight go off very quickly. I think it didn't like to expend that much energy. When I tried watching videos with it plugged in, it would last longer, but inevitably it would run out of energy and freeze.

I was so frustrated that I decided not to use it as an iPod anymore. Now it is a nice big external hard drive that can play music, and has a good read/write rate... if I could just get iTunes to work. But I found another program on these forums that got the goods for me, it is called WinAmp.

Back