Windows 7 I have a problem....

Wii Master 64

Urgent compatibility issue here! please reply!

today, i downloaded the microsoft windows 7 compatibility checker beta, and most things were compatible, accept one thing; the nvidia nForce system management controller. i checked for updates ob this driver, and i have the latest version. will windows 7 still work properly, even though this thing is incompatible? and what does this driver do anyway?:confused:

Last edited:
I reckon a bit more info on your motherboard might help , and personally I would be inclined to try it and use Vista drivers :)

well, im no pro at installing OS's (im only 14) and im buying the windows 7 upgrade for vista home premium 32-bit version. im not installing the RC because i don't understand dual booting and ive read about it, and don't fully understand it. and i don't know anything about my mother board lol. the version number is 5.1.2600.150, that's all i know. if you know any updates, please tell me about them.

well, im no pro at installing OS's (im only 14) and im buying the windows 7 upgrade for vista home premium 32-bit version. im not installing the RC because i don't understand dual booting and ive read about it, and don't fully understand it. and i don't know anything about my mother board lol. the version number is 5.1.2600.150, that's all i know. if you know any updates, please tell me about them.

Chances are if you are running Vista with no problems, you will be fine with 7. Is your computer a pre-built system? Lets start with the model number if it is.

Somethings just need to be uninstalled before an upgrade and installed again after. Windows update is full of drivers for 7 now.

I had a look and you should be fine. Here is the driver for your graphics chip that was causing the problem. Download it now just in case and put it on a disk, but Im sure Windows update will have the same thing. The driver is for a 32-bit Windows 7.

Make sure before you install 7 that you have all your personal data (docs,music,firefox profile,bookmarks,etc) backed up onto an external drive, on a cd or pen drive just to be sure.

Back