Windows 7 I have problen to find product key windows 7 , I need help!

HighSchoolTech

Hi,
I am computer technician in high school organization , I have some trouble with PC that its hard disk break out
and in this PC installed windows 7 enterprise . the hard disk has been bought but the problem is we have not the
serial of this windows . I have tried many software such as "jelly bean " it writes me " the product key not found "
Only you can help me and resolve me this hard problem , which software at all give me the Product key of this

Enterprise version ?

Thanks alot ...

I am sorry I cannot help, the way your message is worded, one could possibly assume you are trying to pirate a key. I am sure you Computer Sciences instructor at your current place of education should be able to resolve this problem for you.

No you judge me for nothing , If we can I don't ask for help , we get this pcs from donation to school , and no one have solution for this , only we really understand this windows can help , if you can please help us.

Thanks ...

Yes, they have no proof that that you are not running prityed OS. If it was under wantty than they would help and if you could provide them with a product key. In must casses they don't ask for that. Sometimes they do random checks. Also, this is not a microsoft website. If you whish to get helpo from mirosoft go to: www.microsoft.com and then click the countact us at the bottom of the page you can call or email. Reccomand call if you don't OS product key. That way they are less likey to ask for it. Above could be just two of many reason your getting ansars. We can't do much on this site in line of product keys but microsoft can. Hope this helps. Also, we blaming of it we just
want to take our chaces or might be in vilation of the form rules.
Hope this helps,
Teekgeek212

No solution – but explanation:

The windows product key is stored in the registry:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId
The registry key "DigitalProductId" begins with the Product-ID in plain text. At position 52 starts the windows product key in encrypted form. You can decrypt the product key with the following file: Save this text to a text file and rename the suffix from txt to vbs; e.g. "what-ever.vbs" (all other key finder does it the same way):
Code:
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
MsgBox ConvertToKey(WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId"))

Function ConvertToKey(Key)
    Const KeyOffset = 52
    i = 28
    Chars = "BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
    Do
        Cur = 0
        x = 14
        Do
            Cur = Cur * 256
            Cur = Key(x + KeyOffset) + Cur
            Key(x + KeyOffset) = (Cur \ 24) And 255
            Cur = Cur Mod 24
            x = x -1
        Loop While x >= 0
        i = i -1
        KeyOutput = Mid(Chars, Cur + 1, 1) & KeyOutput
        If (((29 - i) Mod 6) = 0) And (i <> -1) Then
            i = i -1
            KeyOutput = "-" & KeyOutput
        End If
    Loop While i >= 0
    ConvertToKey = KeyOutput
End Function

This is a big problem when an administrator sets up many PCs with a volume license key. Because everyone can extract the VLC key and use it for additional installations. Because this reason the VLC key is automatically deleted from the registry after activation. And after this all key finder show only "not available" or BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB.

With command line:
slmgr –dli
you can get a "Partial product key" – the last 5 characters of the product key. This "Partial product key" is saved in encrypted form in the certificate file "tokens.dat" (C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\tokens.dat).

Everyone who fears that his key can be stolen can also delete manually the product key from registry with this command line:
slmgr –cpky
(cpky = clear product key = remove product key from the registry)

This can be tested by anyone:
  • Export the registry key "DigitalProductId" to a REG-file (to backup)
  • Delete the encrypted product key from registry key "DigitalProductId" with command line slmgr –cpky
  • Check that "DigitalProductId" from position 52 is now empty
  • Check with key finder (e.g. the above VBS script) that product key is "not available" or BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB
  • Import the previous saved registry key "DigitalProductId" (REG-file)
  • Check that "DigitalProductId" from position 52 is not empty
  • Check with key finder (e.g. the above VBS script) that product key is available
Conclusion: I think it's no possible to restore the product key. Perhaps it is possible to send Microsoft the file "tokens.dat" because this file includes the "Partial product key" and a flag that verifies that the installation is activated.

I've been asked to look over Unawave's post above. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with for any reason, and it is well to leave there. :)

Back