Windows 7 I think I discovered why I'm freezing all the time...

Peerless

I'm not very computer savvy, but from what I've read online, I decided to take a gander at the Events log on my windows 7 HP computer.

I saw the little red warnings and the red ! marks for everytime I had to do a hard reset with my 3 day old PC.

Before every shut down I got this warning:

WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped.

I am on a router. Is there something wrong?

No , I don't think it's any worry at all, It just shutting down the service and disconnecting you from the Internet.

Don't know why why it iwould be red though.

I'm not very computer savvy, but from what I've read online, I decided to take a gander at the Events log on my windows 7 HP computer.

I saw the little red warnings and the red ! marks for everytime I had to do a hard reset with my 3 day old PC.

Before every shut down I got this warning:

WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped.

I am on a router. Is there something wrong?

NO, I had that all the time till I decided to sew Wlan service to Manual so it wouldn't load then find that I had no wireless and then shut down. All you are seening is that it shuts down when it reasizes you don't have wireless.

Well it just happened AGAIN.

I'm getting SICK of this garbage.

Why does that same message come up each time my computer freezes??

the mouse wont' move

no control alt delete

This is pathetic. I pay 600+ for a brand new computer and I've had to manually force shut it down which is bad for the PC itself. Unbelievable!! My luck is pathetic.

When does it happen?

This computer is three days old, and it has happened each day.

I'll turn on the computer, and whether I go online with FF, open itunes, or just sit on the main screen... At least ONCE it'll LOCK up and just freeze.

Like I said: No mouse, no keyboard, no nothing.

It is SO darn frustrating. It just sits there frozen, I can't do a thing.

It honestly sounds like you have a bad wireless LAN driver, or even worse a defective WLAN card. Poorly written drivers will slow down system performance or even lock up the system. You should look to make sure you have the latest version of the driver. What kind of WLAN card do you have?

It honestly sounds like you have a bad wireless LAN driver, or even worse a defective WLAN card. Poorly written drivers will slow down system performance or even lock up the system. You should look to make sure you have the latest version of the driver. What kind of WLAN card do you have?

Like I said, I'm not computer savvy and I don't know much...

But I do know that I have the wmp54g which don't have any drivers for W7.

Someone helped me set up my internet and I don't even know what driver is running or how to tell!

I heard about the RT2500 drivers will work with the WMP54G, but I don't know how to install the darn RT2500 installer.

I have three files that I downloaded, one of them included RT2500.sys

First things first I'd check that your motherboard bios is the latest version. Although you only just got the pc it still could be out of date. Try checking the motherboard manufacturers web site and see what's available..
(I'm sure I answered a post like this one earlier in the year and the bios update was the key)

I checked, there are no updates for this computer except the modem which did;t even come with it.

I have 64 bit windows 7.

It happened again and I give up. I'm seriously thinking of sending it back. My iPhone is working better than that junk.

I have no idea what it is. I know my wmp54g won't be found by W7 but I did that work around with the RT2500 drivers and I was flying. My DL speeds were great yet all of a sudden the whole PC freezes. I've manually force shut down this computer waaaaay too much already and it's 4 days old now.

I'm a frggin college student. I don't have the time or the money to be buying all these parts and even computers. I spent a lot of money on this PC and it has been just pitiful.

I have 64 bit windows 7.

It happened again and I give up. I'm seriously thinking of sending it back. My iPhone is working better than that junk.

I have no idea what it is. I know my wmp54g won't be found by W7 but I did that work around with the RT2500 drivers and I was flying. My DL speeds were great yet all of a sudden the whole PC freezes. I've manually force shut down this computer waaaaay too much already and it's 4 days old now.

I'm a frggin college student. I don't have the time or the money to be buying all these parts and even computers. I spent a lot of money on this PC and it has been just pitiful.

Did you check the bios?

See if this link helps:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

That's what I installed, and that's what's freezing up my PC. I know it's the ralinktech drivers and such because I've googled about it and other people have th same issue.

It's not the PC, it's th darn wireless adapter.

'Peerless',

I checked the Linksys site & that adapter does not support beyond XP. Nor can I point you @ a driver for it, anyway, cus I don't know what version your model is... after or in addition to the model # there is a version #

Cheers,
Drew

"A scan a day keeps the nasties away!"

Thank you.

I have the WMP54G v4.0

Back
Top Bottom