Windows 7 Freezing all the time

guesswhatimevan

I have a serious problem with 7 64bit, and no forums have been able to help me yet. I have the latest drivers for everything, latest bios. No ram, cpu, gpu, or motherboard problems, everythings been tested. And my windows 7 still freezes at random times, during games or just sitting there idle.

I get this error everytime before i freeze: Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

Google or bing is not my friend, because i'm not finding anything related to my issue.

Specs:
Motherboard: EVGA 750I FTW
Processor: Q9550 @ 3.7ghz (still freezes at the stock speeds)
GPU: EVGA 9800GTX+
HDD: Samsung 1TB, Intel X25 80GB ssd

I also unplugged my SSD and installed on my 1TB drive, but it still freezes.
Also tried turning off the power saving setting on my Lan card, and putting power on high performance.

Hi Evan,
did you upgrade or do a clean install?

How fast did you burn the 7 iso?

Hmm....Have you tried running in 'safe mode' and seeing if it still freezes? If it doesn't then it a case of tracking down the problem driver..

Hmm....Have you tried running in 'safe mode' and seeing if it still freezes? If it doesn't then it a case of tracking down the problem driver..

That would require me running in safe mode for hours...
I froze 5 times today, twice while playing games, and the rest while just browsing the internet. And now it's not showing that error in the log. I get no error before the freeze, just randomly freezes...

I froze 5 times today, twice while playing games, and the rest while just browsing the internet. And now it's not showing that error in the log. I get no error before the freeze, just randomly freezes...
Skip safe mode.... use MSCONFIG and disable all startup items and non-microsoft services. Add them back one at a time if you don't freeze. That should identify the culprit.

I'm having the exact same problem, and haven't yet been able to find a solution. The freezes can happen anytime, sometimes i go days without a problem, other days it'll happen a couple of times in the same day. I can usually move the mouse, and it only lasts about 30-60 seconds before going back to normal.

I have tried all the obvious, updated drivers, disabled start up programs, disabled all non essential services, disabled power saving features on some hardware, disabled all non used hardware such as webcams, network card, internal modem(i'm on a laptop), etc. Yet i'm still getting the freezes. Its froze when i'm using internet explorer, civ 4 beyond the sword, media player, virtual dj and various other programs. I don't think its a problem with any of my software as it has happened with lots of programs. And i know its not a hardware issue, as vista worked fine on this laptop. From what i've read its a windows 7 issue, i'm just waiting for someone to find a fix, or hopefully microsoft will release a patch.

Well for the longest time I was having freezing n such, believe in one forum post I was the blame for the freezing but I dug deeper and found out there were task schedulers running here and there that MS alone puts there by default, I disabled all task schedulers with autoruns.exe & disabled alot of other options, take a look here.
Here is Autoruns by MS. Autoruns for Windows

List of stuff ppl disable in windows 7 which helped me out alot ty to them though.
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-discussion/21019-list-everything-you-disable-windows-7-a.html

I dunno which one fixed my random freezing but disabling all task schedulers with all the other options helped.

Hope it sheds some light on you guys.

I'll leave it with you then..............

Back