Windows 10 I want to get a video card but what is compatible with a GA-M68MT-S2P motherboard.

Any PCI Express card should work however take note of the following as I could not find the exact specifications of the PCI Express slot on your motherboard except that it runs at 16x speed.

1) If you buy a card that is PCI Express v2 or v3 and your motherboard is v1 it may not run at full speed (but should still function just fine)
2) Make sure your power supply has the correct power connectors available for the card you wish to buy. Some take 6 pin PCI-E power connectors, some take 8 pin, and some a combination of the two. (open your case and find out)

Any PCI Express card should work however take note of the following as I could not find the exact specifications of the PCI Express slot on your motherboard except that it runs at 16x speed.

1) If you buy a card that is PCI Express v2 or v3 and your motherboard is v1 it may not run at full speed (but should still function just fine)
2) Make sure your power supply has the correct power connectors available for the card you wish to buy. Some take 6 pin PCI-E power connectors, some take 8 pin, and some a combination of the two. (open your case and find out)

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-M68MT-S2P (rev. 3.0) heres the motherboard.

Its a 600 watt ATX

The wattage is not the only concern, the physical connectors on the power supply also need to be present. (there are adapters that change 4-pin molex connectors into PCI-E power connectors but I would avoid them)

According to the info on the GTX 560 you've selected it requires:
  • 500 or greater power supply with a minimum of 30 Amp on the +12 volt rail.****
  • PCI Express, PCI Express 2.0 or PCI Express 3.0 compliant motherboard with one graphics slot.
  • Two available 6-pin PCI-E power dongles
It appears your motherboard has 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot, so you are good there.

Unless you physically locate two 6-pin PCI-E power connectors coming off your power supply you may have an issue.

If you list the exact model of the Power Supply we may be able to find that information for you.

The wattage is not the only concern, the physical connectors on the power supply also need to be present. (there are adapters that change 4-pin molex connectors into PCI-E power connectors but I would avoid them)

According to the info on the GTX 560 you've selected it requires:
  • 500 or greater power supply with a minimum of 30 Amp on the +12 volt rail.****
  • PCI Express, PCI Express 2.0 or PCI Express 3.0 compliant motherboard with one graphics slot.
  • Two available 6-pin PCI-E power dongles
It appears your motherboard has 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot, so you are good there.

Unless you physically locate two 6-pin PCI-E power connectors coming off your power supply you may have an issue.

If you list the exact model of the Power Supply we may be able to find that information for you.

Does this mean my motherboard is compatible with the gtx 560 ti? If so then is there anything better than a 560 ti for me or no? And how do i find the model of the power supply? It just say's that on the side of it.

Look inside your computer case for two 6-pin PCI-E power connectors.
pcie-connectors.jpg

You'll need either two 6-pin (pictured left) or two 6+8 pin (pictured right) to power that particular card.

As far as giving you suggestions on a graphics card that really depends on how much you want to spend. Give me a budget and I'll give you recommendations to get the best bang for your buck.

Also are you going to be doing 1080p gaming or 4k, that can make a huge difference on recommendations.

Also are you going to be doing 1080p gaming or 4k, that can make a huge difference on recommendations.

Any, I am looking for one that's around 100$. 150 maybe max. I really really really want to do 4k gaming lol, But i don't think my processor can handle it.

Look inside your computer case for two 6-pin PCI-E power connectors.
pcie-connectors.jpg

You'll need either two 6-pin (pictured left) or two 6+8 pin (pictured right) to power that particular card.

As far as giving you suggestions on a graphics card that really depends on how much you want to spend. Give me a budget and I'll give you recommendations to get the best bang for your buck.

I got both of these in my computer.

Yeah I don't know about 4k with that rig, however if you can swing just a bit more in price here's my recommendations. Keep in mind it's late at night and I haven't done full research here.. this is just what I would get personally.

Trust me that by waiting another month even and spending just a few more dollars over $150, to get around $170 you'd be happier.
The newer cards run cooler, and consume less power than the older ones (like the dual 6 pin one you initially wanted)

I'll give you an nVidia and AMD option:

ASUS GeForce DUAL GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Dual-fan Edition DVI-D HDMI DP 1.4 Gaming Graphics Card (DUAL-GTX1050TI-4G)
(Notice the 1050 draws 75w power directly from your PCI Express connector, make sure your mobo is compatible)

ASUS Radeon RX 470 4GB DC2 Edition DP 1.4 HDMI 2.0 AMD Gaming Graphics Card (RX470-DC2-4G)

Alright I must sleep now, I'm sure other forum members will comment as well.

Yeah I don't know about 4k with that rig, however if you can swing just a bit more in price here's my recommendations. Keep in mind it's late at night and I haven't done full research here.. this is just what I would get personally.

Trust me that by waiting another month even and spending just a few more dollars over $150, to get around $170 you'd be happier.
The newer cards run cooler, and consume less power than the older ones (like the dual 6 pin one you initially wanted)

I'll give you an nVidia and AMD option:

ASUS GeForce DUAL GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Dual-fan Edition DVI-D HDMI DP 1.4 Gaming Graphics Card (DUAL-GTX1050TI-4G)
(Notice the 1050 draws 75w power directly from your PCI Express connector, make sure your mobo is compatible)

ASUS Radeon RX 470 4GB DC2 Edition DP 1.4 HDMI 2.0 AMD Gaming Graphics Card (RX470-DC2-4G)

Alright I must sleep now, I'm sure other forum members will comment as well.

Good night, And thank's. The GTX 1050 look's like it will be amazing for my rig. But how do i tell if it's compatible with that motherboard i have listed? I'm bad at computer's. :p

The 560 only has 1GB of VRAM though, ick. That's a 5 year old card architecture wise... I'd go for the best bang for your buck then you won't have to buy now and again later :D

The 560 only has 1GB of VRAM though, ick. That's a 5 year old card architecture wise... I'd go for the best bang for your buck then you won't have to buy now and again later :D

I know it's a very old card, I saw how well it run's and it suit's to my liking, Idk what video card is better and cheap like that, Atleast it's better than the GT 520.

It's barely better. Where as the 1050 will blow it away performance wise. The card is compatible with your board.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Awesome. Ill get the gtx 560 tho, My father can afford it right now but not the GTX 1050 because of cchristmas, When i start working i can make my way up to the 1050. :p Or is there something better than the GTX 560 with the same price or a 100$ range, Please let me know.

Back