Windows 7 IE window wont stay open and returns to home screen

homestead12

Can someone please help a newbie. Almost evertime I open IE and take my hand off my mouse to do something like type IE will minimize and bring up my home screen.

System info
I5
2.67 GHZ
64 Bit
4 GB Ram

Thanks for any help

By home screen do you mean your desktop? By chance, where is your mouse when you see IE minimize? Is it possible it is in the lower right hand corner of your screen?

If so, can you try to keep your cursor in the top left hand side of the screen and see if IE minimizes?

Thanks,

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Yes to the desktop.

It doesn't matter where my mouse is it can be anywhere on the screen. While I have been typing this it has done it twice. The mouse is right in the middle of the screen.

Possibly a keyboard problem. Try giving it a good brush out, particularly around the Windows Ogo and the F11 keys.

Yes to the desktop.

It doesn't matter where my mouse is it can be anywhere on the screen. While I have been typing this it has done it twice. The mouse is right in the middle of the screen.

Is this on a laptop or a desktop? Can you take a screenshot of when this happens (aftershot?)

It is on my desktop. I could get a screen shot, but all it is, is my regular old desktop nothing out of the ordinary. As soon as I stop typing and move my mouse it will return to IE.

I cleaned my keyboard and even tried a new key board and that didn't help either.

Back