Windows 7 IE8 Go Back Button

VanSquished

Just installed Win7 x64 without problem and moved to supplied IE8. However if I do a search in Google or some other search engine - then view a single search result - then use the back button to go back to the summary search results, IE just reloads the single search result - I then have to redo the search to get the summary results again - not fatal but getting annoying - any ideas?

Try using the down arrow next to the forward button to go back to the original search results page. It seems some sites don't want you leaving...

Try using the down arrow next to the forward button to go back to the original search results page. It seems some sites don't want you leaving...

Cheers Saltgrass - on furhter experimentation - it is only not working between first summary results page and first result - if you add "layers" by opening google again then searching then repeating backwards works fine until you get to the penultiamte page - so yes I have seen "sticky" web papges but this is consistent regadless of web page - so thinks tis a IE 8 feature (or security setting)

Van

Back