Windows 7 IE8 window size

Vertego

...does not retain its settings.

Previously ie8 window size settings were retained after closing the browser then reopening.

Having reinstalled due to a driver error - clean reinstall - the settings are not retained, instead an earlier, and presumably default, sized window opens.

Clues greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

IE8 browser window resize

...does not retain its settings.

Previously ie8 window size settings were retained after closing the browser then reopening.

Having reinstalled due to a driver error - clean reinstall - the settings are not retained, instead an earlier, and presumably default, sized window opens.

Clues greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hmm... A couple of things you could try.. Open Internet options, advanced and then 'reset'.. Once you've done that create the size you want and then press 'alt' on your k'board. Hopefully it should then retain it's size next time it's opened..

Good suggestion,

I remember this from long ago.

Move the windows by dragging the sides bottom, and top to the desire position. Now choose File < Exit from the menu, do not close it using the red X

Also, if you want it maximized, right click on the shortcut and choose Maximized under Run.

You need yo drag the sides and top and bottom to the size you prefer. DO NOT use the redX , use File > Exit.

If you want it maximized, Right-click on the shortcut, choose properties and choose Maximized in the Target box.

It looks like I have to do this on every site when I open a Window; is this correct?

Is there a general setting, that I could use to have all windows open at the size that I prefer?

I have Windows 7, 32-bit Operating System, on my machine.

I'm glad I found your Post; this has been driving me nuts....

Back