Windows 10 IGDKMD 64.sys , Error 0x80070002

Rmirek

Following an upgrade of my PC from Win7 a few days ago I'm getting the System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled IGDKMD 64.sys few times per hour. The Update&Security shows three unsuccessful updates one for Microsoft Office and two for Intel driver HDGraphics 4000 with errors numbered 0x80070002 and 0x80246007. I tried to install the HDGraphics driver several times. Last time, today following a purge of the Windows downloads folder.
The System uses "Basic Display Adapter" (with a very low resolution)rather than the HDGraphics.
I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Attachments

• W7F_17-07-2016.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 327
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8019712269a, ffffd000edaf5978, ffffd000edaf5190}

Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+1269a )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
all your dump files are the same as the above and bugcheck 7E can be caused by drivers, hardware (possibly RAM) and bios incompatibilitys.
Normally i can glean all the information I need from the dump file but unfortunately the make and model of your machine isn't included/ I know it's an Asrock motherboard but not much more. Please post your system specifications as this is always a huge benefit to those trying to help.

Looking over the dump file I notice your running Norton AV. This is well known for causing errors and we always advise users to remove Norton for at least the duration of the troubleshooting. Just use the Defender AV app which came with Windows.
You will need to use a removal tool to remove Norton properly:
Uninstall and Reinstall Norton product using the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool

You also have some seriously old drivers which do need updating:

000.fcl Fri Sep 26 14:11:22 2008: CyberLink FCL Driver: Please update or remove
Best Video Editing, Photo Editing, & Blu-ray Media Player | CyberLink

asahci64.sys Wed Sep 21 10:42:57 2011: Asmedia 106x SATA Host Controller Driver, please update:
Station-Drivers - Asmedia ASM-106x Sata 6G Controller Drivers Version 3.1.6.0

AsrAppCharger.sys Tue May 10 09:28:46 2011: ASRock App Charger. Known on occasion to cause bsod's remove to test.

DDCDrv.sys Tue Apr 08 08:50:11 2008: Nicomsoft Ltd WINI2C-DDC Kernel Mode Library Driver please either update or remove:
Links i found were out of date developer may have moved or ended trading

ElRawDsk.sys Tue Oct 26 10:34:13 2010: RawDisk Driver by EldoS Corporation please either update or remove:
Release Downloads - RawDisk™

FNETURPX.SYS Thu May 31 04:00:47 2012: AsRock XFastUSB package please update:
ASRock XFast USB

HECIx64.sys Mon Jul 02 23:14:58 2012: Intel engine management driver
Drivers & Software

LEqdUsb.Sys Thu Mar 18 08:51:02 2010: Logitech SetPoint Unifying KMDF USB Filter
Logitech Support + Downloads

ok, if you can post the motherboard your using then I'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Unfortunately I did not manage to complete all of your suggestions due to lack of time.
I've run the DDU driver cleaner, updated Windows drivers for my ASRock motherboard, uninstalled Norton with the Norton Removal tool and after a reboot went to install the Intel HD Graphics 4000 - with a crush. Blue screen with the old System Thread Exceptin .... . I will get back to the removal/updating of the drivers as per your list in about 8 days. We are off to Victoria hoping for some skiing weather there.
Cheers for now

Ok bud, no worries.. :) Have a great trip and we'll see you when you get back. Have a great hols! :)

Back
Top Bottom