Windows 7 Incompatible software made with Visual Basic. help!

FoxAdriano

Hi, 6-7 years ago a friend of mine made for me a software with Visual Basic. It is a very light software that I use for archiving my many reviews. I have just installed that software on Windows 7 but I have .dll problems. Before instaling that software I have noticed in the software source (origin setup) every .dll were processed as .dl_ Windows 7 read .dll files as .dl_
I have used the windows 7 option program compatible but it is impossible to use that software.
I absolutely have to install that software because I have its ARCHIVIE.DBF.
Can you help me ple ase?
Thanks a lot!

Have you tried running the program as an administrator, also is it possible that some DLL's aren't in Windows 7 that are required to run the program? It is 6-7 years old.

I don't know for sure, but I doubt missing DLLs in Win7 is the problem. Microsoft has committed that Windows 7 will have support for VB6 (the last VB before .NET). 6-7 years ago would be about 1 year after the release of the first VB.NET, meaning the program was most likely either written in VB6 or VB.NET, but in either case it should be compatible;.

I'm not sure if I understand the problem. Are the actual files .dl_ or .dll?

A .dl_ file is a compressed .dll. As for how to convert between the two, I do not know.

Last edited:
Before installing Windows 7 in the setup folder taht I have in a differnet hardriver I saw .dll now I see .dl_
I have insyalling that software with some errors. Now when I click on its shortcut in a small windows I get this writings: Run-TimeEroore 3044 C\Programs\Software is not a valid Path. Some days ago I get a different writing: DAO350.dll missing.
Thanks.

Well, this still seems like a problem with some missing files.
Do you have another machine running XP you can test it on?

Well, this still seems like a problem with some missing files.
Do you have another machine running XP you can test it on?

Hi, thanks a lor for your reoly. My incompatible software is very light (4MB) but is is very important for me.
Yes, I have tested (installed) that software on a different PC with Winodws XP, it works perfectly.
Perhaps I make a mistake about running the program as an Administrator. I click on the shortcut as an Administrato. I do it. But I don't know if it is the right spet. If I click on right button on the shortcut on the Compatibility Tab I see that everything is disabled (compatibility for Win XP).
Is this a problem?
Thanks

I have to tell you it is the firts time that I read
C:\Programmi\Pippo\

On every other program I see a different Path:
I always see "Program Files" instead of "Programmi" (italian language). I always saw "Programmi" when I used Win XP only.

Ok, I see now.. well unfortunately, it probably means the ssoftware will have to be re-written for the new file path :(

Unless of course, you want to install an italian version of windows 7.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Thanks for using the windows 7 Forums.
See ya around. :)

Maybe try creating an italian folder and putting the stuff in it? Just a thought.

INCREDIBLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Now it works very fine. I have done what you have just told me and it worksssssssssss.
In "C" I have create a new folder "Programmi" and I have copied inside that software. "Programmi" is a magic folder. ;)
But I'd like to understand well, please. I use Windows 7 Ultimate in italian language.
My incompatible software was already in "Programmi" folder and it was not working but when I have created another "Programmi" folder, my incompatible software works fine. Now in "C" I have 2 "Programmi" folders.
Why please?
Thanks a lottttttttttttttttttttttt

Back
Top Bottom