Windows 7 Install problem(no boot device available)

lord_nikon

At least thats the error I am getting when I am trying to doa fresh and clean install of windows 7.

The CD is known good, as in I toss it into the lap top I am on now and it booted no problem. The computer will boot and useing an ubuntu livecd the computer will boot and go into that OS off the live CD.

It just wont boot on to the windows 7 install disk.

any help or suggestions?

And let me know if there is any more info you need to help me out.
Thanks in advance.

At least thats the error I am getting when I am trying to doa fresh and clean install of windows 7.

The CD is known good, as in I toss it into the lap top I am on now and it booted no problem. The computer will boot and useing an ubuntu livecd the computer will boot and go into that OS off the live CD.

It just wont boot on to the windows 7 install disk.

any help or suggestions?

And let me know if there is any more info you need to help me out.
Thanks in advance.

Please share with the Forum, some basic information about your computer's hardware that you already know and used to start the new Win & installation such as the exact Make and Model of this Computer if it is branded one or the Make & Model of Motherboard , Processor and all Add-on cards (video/Sound /NIC/Wireless dapter etc), type speed and amount of RAM to get the context in which you are getting the error message.

I guess you meant to say DVD when you said
The CD is known good
By a process of elimination and deduction from the fact that the Linux Live CD booted but this Win 7 DVD booted with the error "No boot device available", you probablly booted the working Linux CD from a CD-ROM or RW drive that is made as the First Boot Optical Device [CD or DVD ROM or RW drive] in the BIOS setup and did not change the order when loading the Win 7 DVD in the DVD-ROM or DVD-RW drive.

Other wise, you might have missed the transient screen " Press any key to boot from the CD" which Windows Operating systems require and Linux Does not display and goes straight to boot menu.

I hope the situation is as simple as that. Otherwise please post the information asked above.
Good luck.

Thank you!

While it wasn't the exact problem, it led me to the right path(bad dvd drive) and now its going!

Thanks again

Thank you!

While it wasn't the exact problem, it led me to the right path(bad dvd drive) and now its going!

Thanks again
Great.:) Thank you for letting us know how you fixed it.
There is a similar problem in another thread in this Forum where I suspected a non-functioning DVD -drive.

Forum troubleshoot is OK but it is not like on -sight or live troubleshoot through voice or text on a one to one basis where more open communication is possible in real time. Be that as it may, a succesful troubleshoot if properly documented in the Forun will help others looking for a solution for the same or similar problems.

Back