Windows 7 Install problem with W7 Ultimate on a partition.

vandel212

Hi, I've recently tried to install a copy of windows 7 ultimate on my computer, but I'm having some trouble doing so.

I currently am using XP, and split the hard drive on my computer into 2 partitions using Gparted. When I went to do the W7 install it would get the the "Complete installation" step, restart, and when the screen refreshed to properly fit my monitor (I don't think that has anything to do with it) it throws an error and immediately shuts down (not restarts). When I try to boot to W7 again I get a long error saying the install did not go correctly and press "OK" to continue the install. When I click "OK" the computer restarts and does it again.

I know it's not the Disc, because it's the same one my brother used and it works fine on his computer, and I've tried 2 other copies. I'm thinking it has something to do with the partitioning. I ran into a bunch of issues getting Gparted to work, but I eventually got it to partition the hard drive in half. I'm pretty sure nothing funky happened when it partitioned, because I was able to install XP on the partition and it worked just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

It could be the G Parted. I had problems Vista with Acronis Disk Director 10.0 they have updated since. It created the partition but there was a problem in the format. I don't know if you can format it from Windows XP I don't have access to a partitioned XP box right now to look. If that doesn't work you might try this EASEUS FREE Partition Manager Software: Free Partition Magic alternative for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 and Server 2000/2003/2008 Hard Drive partitions. people speak well of it.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom