Windows 7 Installation error c0000221

MarekX

Hi everybody,
please I need help. My XP got into serious troubles in last week so I formatted them and say I would try to install Windwos 7 beta (32bit). My friend downloaded them for me, burned the image, I formatted the disk again and try to boot the operating system from DVD. In the beggining everything went well, it wrote Windows is starting (with that animated logo) and then blue screen occured with this:
STOP: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll
I tryed to restart it, and it made a blue screen again, but now it was full of text and I didnt wrote that. Now I have to run Live distributiun of Ubuntu, which I have on CD and hope to find out why the installation can not be run. In linux I can see the disk, look into it with no problem (there is only System Volume Information)

Can it be something else then wrong installed DVD? I dont want bother another friend by downloading and burning win 7 installation for me...

edit: and i surely have computer capable of running Windows 7...

thx for advices

here is the other message:
PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
STOP: 0x0000006B (0xC0000020, 0x00000003, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
when I tryed to run it once again, the first message poped out.

Last edited:
Well, after all I let professionals to look at this problem and they find out I had combination of Mother Board with DVD drive which is not compatible with Windows 7. After changing the drive everything is OK and I have installed W7 without any problems ;)

Mainboard : Asus P5GDC Pro
Old problematic DVD: LG Super Multi DVD drive GSA - 4167B
New DVD drive: HL-DT-STDVD-RAM GH22NS30

Back